Uptone EtherRegen and ASR

Here you have some measurements about switches, too bad in Dutch but they have a English website too. i only don’t now the adres of that.https://www.alpha-audio.nl/achtergrond/waarom-een-goede-switch-wel-uitmaakt-voor-streaming-audio/

here the English version Why a good switch does matter for streaming audio - Alpha Audio NET

Nice measurements, but proves nothing. Measurements need to be taken at the output of the DAC, ala ASR, to show if an improvement is observed.

Russ

1 Like

You’re missing the point. Uptone claims the ER “reduces jitter and noise” but don’t provide any quantitative evidence to show that. They’ve been promising for over five years to do so but to date have not. Good evidence that they know they cannot provide substantiating evidence.

Amir HAS made the measurements and the results don’t backup Uptones claims. They’re selling a product that does absolutely nothing to enhance audio quality.

Russ

2 Likes

I hope you followed the directional advice for the paint….

1 Like

No, those of us who clearly enjoy reading measurements have not wasted $640 on a device that does not do what Uptone says “reduces jitter and the noise floor”.

Russ

I assumed he was being sarcastic.

Gary in which case if true then @Joerg I duly apologize for misunderstanding your post.

Too hot in the UK today for sarcasm.
I thought it was the ever downward spiral of rudeness on the forum’s.

Oh, my apologies. Of course I am one of the more than 2500 satisfied Etheregen owners.
But what do you want to counter the whirled nonsense in this thread?

All the best

Joerg

Sorry @joerg I have deleted my post so there is nothing untoward in the forum’s accusing you of anything like being rude.

I think you hit it too straight for me :scream::smile_cat:

Oops, flagged to quickly. I guess my sense of sarcasm is not as highly developed this morning either, esp as it’s common for the ‘objectivist’ non-believers on this site to fling around insults like that. Sorry about that, and I can’t figure out how to un-flag.

I’m fine, friends.

1 Like

Yes, whoever is too fast is punished by life. Who is too slow too.

2 Likes

Hi

A moderators view …

Sarcasm / sarcastic posts are inevitably misconstrued, resulting in negative replies and comment. Thus they are best avoided.

Objectors to such posts should flag them and let the moderator team review, this is way better then engaging with the author to complain … as doing so inevitably resulting in more negative behaviour.

I honestly could not determine how to interpret the post and whether right or wrong it could have and should have been phrased in a clearer and less combative manner in the spirit of the forum guidelines.

The post has been referred to the mods and will be reviewed in due course (together with the subsequent replies).

1 Like

Sarcasm to:

Life is a single misunderstanding. You just keep trying to interpret it positively for yourself.

Sarcasm off

Honestly I don’t need Guru or AudioCoach to create my personal opinion.
Instead I will simple continue to use my hearing ability to evaluate and upgrade my listening experience and delight.

eR does not make your DAC sound better, it is the other way. I had it before for my Linn KIimax DSM/2 and I am speaking from my own experience, although I very liked it to happen as it was said it would.

1 Like

It did not meet your expectation, you sold it, no harm done.
All experiences are indeed personal and unique.
And if ASR claims that your Linn is not worth that money you will sell it too.
Will you?

Well, that’s the exact problem. We do need experts to confirm things for us through science/measurements, since our hearing (and seeing abillities for that matter) are far from perfect.

Here’s a classic example:

Are the two grays different? Your senses tell you they are, but in reality that’s just an optical illusion. There are so many of them too… feel free to read about the one regarding the moon’s size. That always baffled me.

I find it funny that whenever someone quotes science and logic, no one really starts questioning that person to find out more… to understand that science. People come back with the same arguments “but my hearing…”, “but my friends heard it, we can’t be all subjects in a mass delusion…”, “but the manufacturer said…”. Well, the manufacturer has a commercial interest and our own brains are very susceptible to suggestion and bias. I get it, you’re convinced it does something even if there’s no proof. I’d try to convince myself it was money well spent too. Hell, I actually did it a few times (still like that power cable, it’s red and very thick. looks the part)

4 Likes