Uptone EtherRegen with SonoreUPnP Bridge

Not surprisingly you aren’t the only one to point out these fundamental design deficits. But you can’t tell the easily influenced anything…

No you can’t - but you can offer a product with a “no quibble” return policy, and see how many units stay out in the field. I think Uptone are over several thousand units shipped with almost zero returns, positive press reviews and a forum of satisfied customers - I will pass on you message of being “easily influenced“ on.
Of course, have you tried this product, or an equivalent - the Melco S500, or English Electric 8Switch, and therefore speaking from a position of experience, or just casting your opinion?

I’m not on a mission to prove anything here, just wondering, and that’s what I stated in my post, how a manufacturer passes on best practices to optimize his hardware’s resilience to electromagnetic influence, while ambitious claims are made about superiority in just that category.

For the record:
In the past, I had been present in certification testing for human safety electronic equipment for the European market and witnessed there, that layout decisions regarding Ethernet circuitry can cause failure to pass.

So, as far as I’m concerned, this product firmly belongs into the snake oil category.
YMMV

Right here in this very thread is my YT video where I posted my experience with the eR. I’ve also had the Bonn Silent Angel.

People gushed over the LPS-1 with Meanwell SMPS and Amir’s measurements at Audiosciencereview showed rather significant problems. So pardon me while I discount 100’s or even thousands of people that went to bat for that product as well. I’ll take the empirical evidence of poorly designed kit over conjecture. The plural of anecdote isn’t data.

Again I have a standing monetary offer to anyone that can hear the difference when they don’t know what’s in use. I’m a LACP LAG away for anyone interested.

1 Like

Yup you can really count on that Amir fella. After reading his gushing praise and amazing test data for the Topping D90, I bought one. I really liked the idea of a ‘perfect dac’ / ‘all you will ever need’ etc etc for just $700. 30 days later, I sent it back. It did not sound good in my system.

Conversely, I bought an EtherRegen, and it made a clear and positive improvement to my audio chain. I knew it was a keeper, within 2 days.

3 Likes

Review on Absolute Sound of the EtherREGEN

Does anyone actually listen to the music anymore?

The number of people listening to their power supplies, power cables, network cables, USB cables, switches…

5 Likes

Please… not that old canard again. Most of us on here are adults and capable of doing several things at once, including enjoying music for being music and upgrading our systems. If you’re not able to, then that’s too bad, but don’t speak for the rest of us.

Ha ha Charles the major issue with that statement, is that it’s only half true.
While we may mostly be adults, we are also mostly men, so doesn’t that put the multi tasking part of the equation into doubt. At least if you ask my wife, apparently I can not listen to music and hear anyone else talking at the same time.

Mike

Oh, you mean you can’t hear through walls, or past closed doors with exhaust fans running, up stairs and over a vacuum cleaner, etc etc? What’s wrong with you? Must be ‘selective’ hearing on your part, as there’s never anything wrong with the delivery system of THAT audio. LOL!

1 Like