URGENT: I'm still getting nonstop "Tracks Not Available from Tidal" Errors! Please Help [Roon Investigating]

Great to hear that RoonServer is a smoother ride so far, @Anthony_McCarthy. The team has expanded our investigation into the underlying conditions that allowed Mac OS to run out of file descriptors. Ideally, we’ll be able to both return a functioning database and eliminate the possibility this can recur for other users.

We’ll report back once we have the results of the database vacuum. Thank you again.

3 Likes

That’s great news! Thank you!

1 Like

Spoke toooo soon… was playing an album and it just stopped. The Roon Remote app kinda self refreshed itself… not sure what that’s all about :frowning: Here we go again.

Roon has a new version just released. So, if you have automatic updates set on, then that’s probably what happened.

Did Server come back on its own? It should.

2 Likes

It did!! It did!! I’m going to suffer a heart attack with all these Roon scares…!! lol Gotta laugh… otherwise I will cry myself to death!! lol

2 Likes

An unfortunate coincidence. Happens more often than one would suspect.

Strange issue when using Roon Server only… is that the Album and Track totals are way way way lower than my official Roon Core Backup Restore version… I thought what I added on TIDAL would also be the same in Roon when signed into TIDAL… ?

OK… now I can see it’s syncing more… starts and stops… and gets stuck… but now it’s getting closer to my usual totals for albums and tracks.

Which is? (Your library size, please, both local and online?)

Morning Mikael_Ollars and nice to meet you.

I only use Roon for TIDAL Streaming purposes only. Please see below:-

Ah, you too Anthony! Sorry for the “short” question, but i have been following this thread for a while now. :slight_smile:

You hinted previously that your library was “big”, so was curious if that was one your culprits. It doesn’t seem like this though.
Glad it seems to be running better for you with Roon Server, but i fail to see why the descriptor issue should be different, it’s the same Core part whether you are running with or without the GUI AFAIK.

1 Like

No problem at all Mikael_Ollars, and thank you for your interest and concern.

My current setup (as of last night, 31.01.23) is that I have the Roon 2.0 Server app running on my MacBook Pro 2017 running macOS Ventura 13.2 with 16GB RAM and I’m now running Roon 2.0 on my MacPro running macOS Monterey with 128GB RAM as a Roon Remote app only.

So far all is holding, even though, I have gotten a few “Waiting for your Core” messages on and off… but we will see how things progress over the course of today.

I’m afraid all this “descriptors and database vacuuming” stuff is way over my head and above my pay grade. I’m just happy when my music is playing and I have all the immersive elements of Roon back in my control… :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your input.

Regards,
Anthony

1 Like

Ah, then i understand better. Your MacPro does not hold the database anymore, your MBP does, and that one was not the one affected by the “file descriptors issue”. :smiley:
Excellent, and @Connor was spot on in wis workaround suggestion.

2 Likes

TBH, I dunno why the Roon Server app is running so well on my MacBook Pro… as previously I tried to have Roon Server 2.0 and my Roon 2.0 GUI on that very same machine… but it kept quitting and quitting non stop… it would barely stay open for 5mins… but I think @Connor mentioned that trying to use my Restore from Backup process on my MacBook Pro was also carrying over the inherit problems that I had on my MacPro, as that database has issues… so it would just recreate a similar situation on my MBP. I THINK!! lol Don’t quote me on that… lol

Anyways… for now… it’s holding and playing. The only thing I’m missing now is 3-4 years of little loves, likes and albums star reviews, most played artists and other meta data that I had built up over time on my original Core database.

But maybe that can be fixed soon too. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I’m using my new Roon setup now since about 9am this morning… lunchtime now… all tracks playing… so none of that constant skipping of tracks I experienced before… but now I am experiencing Waiting for your Roon Core, spinning wheel and almost like a relaunch of the Roon Remote app on my phone and MacPro a good few times… not every few mins… but definitely about 5 or 6 times in the past 4 hours, maybe even more. My MacPro and MacBook Pro are literally only feet away and both connected via 1GB Ethernet to 1,000MB Broadband Speed Internet.

I have turned on and off my main router, and restarted all my Bluesound devices to see if that now helps with the Roon Server performance.

I just came across an album I liked, and I tried to add it using my Roon iOS app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB, and I get a continuous spinning purple wheel and the same on my Roon Remote desktop app… please see screenshot attached. It’s been like that for 20mins now… is this normal, what’s the best method to get this new added album to sync…? I can see it now added on my TIDAL app… just not Roon.

FYI, the album was Raw Eloquence (Ethereal Techno) by Soul Button.

Hi @Anthony_McCarthy,

While it’s a relief to hear RoonServer is stable, these sync issues certainly sound frustrating.

Generally, TIDAL sync failures like those you’re experiencing have one of two underlying causes. The first is a TIDAL authentication error, which can happen if you’ve recently migrated a Core. The second is local network problems. While either condition is possible, the “Waiting for your Roon Core” message in Remote suggests that network issues might be more responsible. Please leave your (RoonServer) Core online for a few moments to allow us to pull diagnostics and we’ll investigate timestamps around the import of Raw Eloquence (Etheral Techno), and we’ll try to pin down if there are underlying network problems

In the meantime, let’s first try to troubleshoot for TIDAL authentication. A step you can take is to log out/in of TIDAL in the Services tab under Settings. Additionally, try clearing the TIDAL cache by taking the steps below:

We’ll keep a close watch for your response.

Hello again connor

I have logged out and logged back in again and I can see that things are back syncing but still no sign of that newly added album, I will give it more time.

How do I clear the TIDAL Cache… I don’t see the steps below…?

My apologies, @Anthony_McCarthy. In my haste, I failed to copy/paste.

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs
1 Like