USB audio zone disappears but I2S audio zone remains from Wyred4sound music server

Hello @Richard_Girton, question from the QA team while they investigate. Have you tried disabling IGMP proxying on your Orbi to see if that helps?

Hi @nuwriy, I checked and my IGMP proxying setting is already disabled. I will say that I have also been working with EJ Sarmento at Wyred4Sound on this issue. We have found an issue with a component that I had between the USB output of the server and the USB input of the DAC. However, this still does not explain the dropping of the I2S zone that I have experienced in the past.

I appreciate your team’s efforts to help diagnose this issue and look forward to checking/testing any other ideas that they may have.

Again, thank you.

-Richard

Hi @Richard_Girton,

Apologies for the confusion here — The IGMP proxying setting is a bit confusing, but we go into it more in our Networking Guide. You want to uncheck the Disable IGMP Proxying setting, which actually enables it. Can you verify that the Disable setting is unchecked? If so we’ll enable diagnostics and take another look here, but we’ve definitely seen this setting help in similar situations, so making sure it is properly set is a good thing to confirm.

1 Like

@dylan, thank you for the clarification. I have gone back in and “un-disabled” the IGMP proxying as you have suggested. System seems quite stable now. I will report any more zone dropouts if/when they occur.

Could this be the solution?

Thank you,
-Richard

Hello @Richard_Girton, I’m glad things are working again! Please let us know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.