USB port of my Nucleus not showing up

Roon Server Machine

Nucleus (not the + model)
I don’t understand the OS request.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The USB port of my Nucleus not showing up, only have HDMI A and HDMI B.
Can’t set up my $1,000 DAC :frowning:

In the case of Nucleus it will be RoonOS, if you go to the admin page it will list the details of …

• OS Version
  • Roon Server Version

This is useful information to confirm it is running the latest versions.

What DAC are you running (Manufacturer and Model)?
What USB cable is used to connect to it?

As a troubleshooting test, are you able to connect a different USB DAC to Nucleus?
And also try a different USB cable.

V 1.0, build 259 production

The DAC (Vinshine)and cable is the same one I had on my Nucleus+ before that died after 2 years.

DENAFRIPS ARES II R2R. Cable came with it

You can look up my Nucleus connected to your servers, I hope.

Seems like the agent info would have client information like “Nucleus, 1.0, “ etc.

Hi @Gary_Lang,

Thanks for taking the time to share your issue! As a first follow up, were you able to give @Carl’s above tips a try?

If you haven’t yet, I would also give your Nucleus a hard reboot, and leave the device unplugged for a few minutes before powering back on. :+1:

We’ll be on standby for your reply!

Yes. Multiple USB cords were tried. Nothing worked

Got it, thanks for the clarification @Gary_Lang.

We were able to pull a diagnostic report from the Nucleus, and didn’t see any specific traces related to hardware failures. Let’s perform an OS reinstall as a next step. To achieve this, you’ll need to access the webUI of your Nucleus - here’s more information on that:

Once you access the webUI, you can perform the OS reinstallation. Let me know if your issue persists afterwards. :pray: