Using an external SSD with Roon core in a PC

##Lenovo i7 PC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

@Ken_Swanson, the issue or problem is not evident from your post

Sorry, apparently I didn’t post correctly. I have a desktop PC with Windows 10 as my Roon core and a Bluesound Node 2i as a streamer connected on my LAN. I have all of my music and Roon backup on an external SSD which I can’t seem to get into Roon on the PC when I plug it into the PC USB port. If I plug it into the Bluesound I can only get their Bluos app. How do I get the SSD into the Roon core without loading it onto the PC HD?

I’m assuming that your Windows PC can see the external SSD, i.e. it’s showing up as Drive. If so, have you added the location of the SSD as a Roon storage point? See screenshot below for my external SSD.

1 Like

The PC sees it as “F” drive but I can’t get it to appear on the storage page in Roon. How do I do that?

You can’t add the drive directly - you need to first create a shared folder on the drive, and then add that as a Watched Folder in Roon…

1 Like

Well, that worked just fine. Thanks. Except I got an upgrade software message which I did after loading the SSD and now my iPad scrolls backward–Z is at the top and A at the bottom. How do I reverse that so it starts with A?

How do I reverse the scrolling order on my iPad? It reversed itself earlier today. I don’t use a mouse or trackpad. Is this a Roon or IOS change?

Have you tried rebooting the core and the iPad?

I did but no help. It’s a Roon issue since other sites on my iPad scroll normally.

On your iPad, do you have a screen that looks like this? In place of “By name” it might say “Sort”

If so, click on “By name” or “Sort”. It should bring up a drop down menu. This will include “Name” with an arrow next to it. Click on the arrow and this should reverse the ordering.

That did it. I did the same for albums, artists, album title and all is back to normal. Thanks! How did you know that??

Lots of fiddling around!

It does on the phone in the Roon Remote app and it’s so weird because it’s not very helpful, inconsistent with everything else, and it can’t be a space thing because ARC does show the current sort choice

Reported a while ago:

1 Like

That is weird. Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.