Using any audio source with HQPlayer - Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, Soundcloud [2021-2022]

No auto sample rate switching on RPi4… :frowning:

I’m working on ATMOS-TrueHD multichannel upsampling now. No time to re-check sorry… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ah ok, same as I experience I had when trying then

Ha wow! So advanced!

What are your sources? Just Bluray disc?

1 Like

Maybe take a look at Jussi‘s answer here from yesterday….Searching for cables again :sweat_smile: HQPlayer USB class 2 input (NAA, HQPe) - Software - Audiophile Style

@dabassgoesboomboom @Chunhao_Lee

(((((PS I got that time Kraftwerk Katalog on BluRay. It has an Atmos track :hugs: However no Atmos speakers here at my place. Still waiting for Apple to come up with Atmos (compressed) for 21 Homepod Minis jointly :hugs: Minis are using „Thread“ already next to Airplay. Apple TV 4k too. So, that is „Matter“ already, if I am not super wrong again. In this super fresh Interview about Apple and pushing Matter. Eve-CEO Jerome Gackel: Matter ist Gamechanger für das Smart Home ++ HomeKit over Thread | evehome.com +++ App for Mac/iOS: ‎Eve für HomeKit im App Store (should work with minis and apple tv imo, just like Apple home. Maybe minis can do Atmos from that App via Mac?? Using Apple Home you can enable Atmos, but for Minis still does not work so far.)

However, for Kraftwerk Atmos Bluray would need an Atmos player, to use it with Stereo only. Did try that time an Atmos player on Windows with it :hugs:)))))

Yes what he says there we discussed with him some months ago after I tried. Either this thread or Embedded or NAA thread.

After the RPi4, what is the next most popular and fairly recent release SBC with USB-C?

I could try to buy and test.

It has to be fairly new and reasonably popular. I can’t imagine something old will work but maybe does.

But then again I have 2 x UpBoard Gateways working perfectly so motivation to try something else is not high

1 Like

upboard sold out…could built myself using upboard hat and pi…but too risky imo :frowning:

https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/AAEON-UP/UP-GWS01-A20-1432-A11?qs=sGAEpiMZZMu3sxpa5v1qrr6044Dk0q4qXKxPxl3v3A4%3D

44 weeks :frowning: :frowning:

This might help, there are two left ATM (8GB models):

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/AAEON-UP/UPN-EDGE-APLP4F-A10-0864?qs=7D1LtPJG0i3dIdyJtI2mqg%3D%3D ?

1 Like

Thank you!! Here for 305.- UP-GWS01-A20-1432-A11 - UP-Gateway mit Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350 Quad-Core 64-Bit CPU | AAEON | Varia-Store

(Still not little money…imo :no_mouth:)

In the NAA thread a few of us shared the UP webshop is shipping fast, despite the site showing “backordered”.

Just email the web shop to ask current lead time.

1 Like

Sorry please for a silly question maybe…Will Up Board for this specific input work with HQP Desktop backend NAA or only HQPe?

Edit, found this one in Desktop thread HQPlayer Desktop thread - #62 by Chunhao_Lee

Edit2, added only overlay so far. have it playing with 44.1 at hqp desktop via class 2. there is a otg overlay in overlay folder too. will try that too. right now feeding from ipad pro, hdmi cck to pi 4 usb c

Edit03, it is playing via Pi4. Not stable currently. Using HQP Desktop. No edit on hqplayerd.xml. Does xml exist on NAA OS??

Yep, using 44.1 input for audio interface setting at HQP Desktop. HQP shows in „Format:“ correct samplerate. So, switches there correctly. Always on 44.1 for input. But, but, but, not stable have drop outs…. @dabassgoesboomboom

Edit04, it is pretty stable now. HQP shows automatc switching :hugs: Used Pi4 is a pretty new one.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::grin::hugs::grin:

not using otg overlay, but the one mentioned here. however no edit at hqplayerd.xml. dont have that on naa os for pi 4? not using ramfs image please. no hub, as hdmi cck has power input option.

+++ However so far would not recommend as bit special. However once it plays :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: +++

Edit, using Lightning CCK with Powersupply did not work. Guess you need the hub like @Chunhao_Lee is using.

Myself working with one on iPad Pro 12, Gen 4, USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple

@Michael_Grant , this seems to work but… Up Board prob much more stable for samplerate switching.

Works e.g. with Qobuz iOS App too, but partly NAA OS reboot required of little Pi.

CAUTION ###### Be super careful with this experiment, when switchin iOS Apps. You risk terrible noise. Better to stop HQP audio input and switch app and enable HQP then again. Sp, please this a experimental solution only please so far.

Edit; did hook it up to my “better” chain now. No issues at all anymore with stabilty, whatever i do. whatever i am switchting to on iOS. However still be careful with this approach please.

Edit; HQP automatic Filter switching (for 1x and Nx) works with automatic sample rate switching too :hugs:

Edit: Atmos is working too. iOS AM App even shows the Atmos logo when playing Atmos. And listening test passed succesful too. @jussi_laako @Chunhao_Lee When playing an Atmos track from AM, the automatic sample rate switching seems not to work anmore, at least the shown format in HQP Desktop.However HQP plays the Atmos track as Atmos. It shows as input the last choosen stereo sample rate instead of the samplerate of the Atmos track. No Atmos logo at HQP too.

2 Likes

Unfortunately CuBox doesn’t have USB device interface, although the SoC has. They just don’t reflect it out on that hardware.

You could look for something based on similar SoCs as UP Gateway. I have some E3950 SoMs with dual-role type-C. Technically it could work on fitlet2’s type-C port if it is correctly connected to that section. I just don’t have time right now to investigate this on my E3950 fitlet2.

Maybe someone with fitlet2 NAA can check it out?

2 Likes

Chris, founder of Audiophile uses Filet2

Ripped ATMOS-TrueHD audio tracks from BD mainly. Not the commercial solution so PM me for further information. :wink:

2 Likes

Testing this today and will report back. Apologies that it has taken me a couple days to get to this.

2 Likes

Next experiment will be to hook up little FiiO M6 to HQP input via digital…But not today… Enjoy the music :hugs: https://www.fiio.com/m6

Android phone USB-C feeding Pi 4 from above using >>USB Player Pro and streaming Qobuz in USB Player Pro or Tidal Master MQA…, sample rate switch automatically at input from HQP. Using that Dragonfly cable from Cobalt for that. Using here super low pricey Motorola E30, ca. 100 USD. But great Battery and you can add Storagecards for local stuff. + So, if you are with Android and want to feed HQP via a Pi, when you are home or so…This works too. USB Player Pro feeding HQP will a lot of Andorid Guys love, I assume… Guess Hiby Player will be just the same. Etc…Take care on the different cables please. So, I guess, we can conclude, we run everything via HQP, if wanted. Stopping my tests now and to post it here.

1 Like

I saw your photo of screen and the comment of not using overlays but I don’t fully understand what you did - for getting UAC2 input working with RPi4.

Can you share the command line steps that you did?

So others and myself can give the RPi4 a try

Sure, so it is just yours and @Chunhao_Lee post. But I did not touch hqplayerd.xml. Only added in config.txt the overlay dwc2. Some restarts. At HQP pick 44.1 fix as audio input. Do not change from that away, even if it sounds terrible at the beginning or has drops outs. Play with differen sample rates to it, best to start with 44.1 using AM. After a while somehow it gets stable. Be careful when switching apps on iOS. However, when using my “bigger” chain, it is super stable for funny reason?? Important please use the HDMI CCK like posted. Would be great, if you could get it running too for verfication. However still an experimental thing. Too many surprises still possible. For more comfort Up Board prob much better. But once you get used to the Pi - depending on used environment - it is great :slight_smile: Did use latest NAA OS for Pi 4. Not the Ramfs version.

1 Like

Ok thanks! I thought you said you did something different but maybe I misinterpreted.

I can’t remember what I did with hqplayer config file.

I might give it a retry on a future weekend.

Interesting. I can say UpBoard is definitely stable and not experimental, with any system I have.

And doesn’t matter about closing different apps and starting different apps. 100% rock solid

If UpBoard wasn’t like this I would have kept my 2nd ADI-2 for just an input. Because the RME is so solid as we would expect. I don’t like instability and funny behaviour. It gets in the way of enjoying the music.

But UpBoard proved to be equally reliable to the RME (with some minor output rate changes needed). So I sent my 2nd ADI-2 over to my dad to use with headphones.

1 Like

Great! Pls. take a look on this line, if you still have it in hqplayerd.xml. just remove it, if you have this line. only overlay rquired in config.txt at my side. using hqplayer desktop.

<input channels="2" device="uac2" format="auto" name="USB Audio Class 2" pack_sdm="1" period_time="100" type="uac2"/>
1 Like

Thanks!

Interesting

And on HQP Desktop , can you show a screenshot of what “Input” option you are selecting?

1 Like