Using Convolution Filters for Headphone Correction

I am trying to find the most efficient way to apply DSP for headphone correction in Roon. I have around 10 headphones.

I am using Jakko’s AutoEQ profiles as a base.

Inputting (and occasionally updating) ten 10 band parametric EQ profiles is a pain in the neck.

Jakko also has Convolution WAV files that I have been able to import into Roon DSP’s convolution engine for one headphone. If I want to switch headphone, I need to import another WAA file. In order to import the WAV file(s), they need to present on the machine that Roon remote is running on. This means that if I use Roon Remote on another Laptop, the WAVs are not available, if I want to switch headphone.

I am wondering if there is an easy way to do this?

Hi @jacobacci,

Convolution profiles are stored on the Core and once a Convolution file has been uploaded, you can create a DSP preset to easily apply it to your selected zone based on which headphone you are using.

For example, you can have a preset for one pair of headphones with your desired convolution filter and 9 other presets for the other headphones you have with their independent convolution filters.

This way you will not need to have the WAV file present on the Roon Remote, and you can simply switch between the different presets for different profiles. Hope this helps!

– Noris

Thanks @noris, that looks like an excellent setup. I’ll do that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.