Using the USB Griffin Knob with Roon

I have a Griffin PowerMate USB and would like to use this extension. Could you offer a wee bit more advice on how to do so please?

I’ve installed Node.js and got the power mate extension installed. However when i enable it in Roon I get “Could not find USB device” as the status. What should I do next?

Thanks for your work on what should be a very valuable addition to Roon,

What platform?

OSX (Sierra, 10.12.6)

That looks like an interesting device. I’d love to have just a bluetooth one quietly sitting in my listening room as an immediate volume knob. I hate having to go to an i-device or laptop for volume.

I have successfully used the Griffin PowerMate with my Macs over the years but it has always needed a helper application to be running. I am not sure how I would go about this, but I would love to be able to plug the PowerMate into my ROCK and have it control the currently active (or a selected) zone. Is this possible?

Does this help?

Thanks, Steve. Maybe it would if I were more of a Linux guy, but I moved from Ubuntu on my NUC to the ROCK platform, which is less “visible” to me (by design, I imagine).

Oh, well.…

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Is there anyway that the Griffin could be used with an Innous Zen Mini? It has a USB port, and is being used as my Roon Core, however this doesnt quite seem plug and play. Any help much appreciated, as like others, I dont always want to have to pick up an iPhone/iPad to change volume/tracks etc.

Anyone have any solutions for a Griffin Knob or equivalent, hooked up to Mac OS Catalina? Thx!

2 Likes

Also looking for this solution.

A Stop / Play / Volume control without a screen would be awesome - and save a lot of remote hunting :slight_smile:

I use this remote:

https://www.amazon.com/CHUNGHOP-Learning-Control-Samsung-Philips/dp/B07BTGZ2B4/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=chunghop+learning+remote&qid=1606155330&sr=8-2

which is programmed to control Roon’s play/pause, next/prev track on Roon using this IR receiver:

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Remote-Control-Receiver-Raspberry/dp/B01NBRBWS6/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-drs1_0?cv_ct_cx=flirc&dchild=1&keywords=flirc&pd_rd_i=B01NBRBWS6&pd_rd_r=4b514941-47dc-45cd-b6e4-9821fb90ac59&pd_rd_w=2Q4TM&pd_rd_wg=i1ERQ&pf_rd_p=c33e4373-edb9-47f9-a7e6-5d3d6a7a4ad0&pf_rd_r=NEP40H4WQPGR3C54S5SS&psc=1&qid=1606155379&sr=1-1-5e875a02-02b1-4426-9916-8a5c26cd5a14

The volume, mute and input keys are programmed to control my DAC. It doesn’t look as slick as the Griffin Powermate, but it is wireless and works well!