Valence Art Director in Roon

Sometimes the avatar images seems to be misaligned in the artist overview.
If you check Anna Leone and Sarah Bareillis. In valence the avatar image is perfectly in the middle in the artist overview in Roon Anna Leone is moved to the right and Sarah Bareillis to the left.

Thx for responding, Danny. No one is rejecting my contributions to AD. I am just trying to understand Roon’s end game. Are all photos added going to be available to download? Or just the ones that get the most votes?

Thanks again.

Is there any way to see your own “bad” crops?
Or a way to know when you’re doing a bad job?

I would love to keep contributing, but this change of being locked out scares me :wink:

Someone who likes hip-hop/rap also likes logos…
Dr Dre
Common
NAS
Eazy-E
De La Soul
Run DMC
Common
Gnarls Barkley
Ice Cube
Lauryn Hill
MIA
RZA
Wale
And… worst of all (to my eyes)… Wu Tang Clan

All of these are recognizable artists on avatars. The only ones which I’d argue have really recognizable logos are Run DMC and WuTang, and I still prefer the artist photos.

If anyone else wants to jump on voting for artist photos in hip-hop, definitely appreciate it!

3 Likes

As previously stated by Danny, logos are not allowed for individuals. So about half on that list will eventually be deleted.

Thanks. I know that they’ll get rules-based eliminated eventually… but I’m trying to rally folks on the general principle :slight_smile:

This currently does not have the most votes on a logo (by 2x). So when your cache updates, itll go to a photo.

However, I did vote for the logo just now, because ~9-10 dudes (hard to tell) in colorful clothes fit into a circle sucks, and this logo is great.

We will look into exposing this data.

Don’t be scared of being locked out… just crop properly, without a preference for aesthetics. You will never get locked out for voting badly… that’s just your opinion, and we can’t fault you for having bad taste :slight_smile:

1 Like

Avatars sometimes get poor treatment in Roon (lots of “aliasing”):

ART DIRECTOR

Roon Windows 10 on Asus Zenbook Flip 13:

1 Like

The Art Director version in your example looks to be lousy with artefacts too. Likely a case of garbage in, garbage out.

How long does it take for the cache to update?

I’m seeing logos as avatars for several well known individual artists (for example, Janet Jackson, Tina Turner, Katy Perry, and several others) for which there are many appropriate photos available in VAD.

PS - I hope you are feeling better.

There needs to be a “number of logos” limit, surely?

I would have thought that might be a good idea…

those are all going to get cleared up in the next day or two

1 Like

Why? Only 1 of those logos has 1 vote, and the rest have zero. The photos have votes up to 7.

zero voted items are invisible to everything but this page.

up to 3 days.

1 Like

Just a thought but maybe let the users see the vote totals so we don’t waste a vote on something that can’t possibly change? I’m not sure what the down side would be. I’m sure others on here will let me know.

2 Likes

There’s actually a reason not to do that which is that whatever starts out in the lead usually maintains it. If people start to not vote for the things where their vote can’t make an immediate difference, then the lead usually just grows. That’s why surveys tend not to tell you how others voted until you vote.

4 Likes

Sometimes when I vote a photo changes Position from e.g. 6th to second or so. Does this show the impact of my vote?

yes :slight_smile:

we should fix that.