Valence Art Director in Roon

Really?
I liked that. :smiley: :+1:

Is it is possible to flag/tag graphics as logos or photos? I would like to have settings in roon to prefer logo or photo on artists (I am biased to photos - we already have texts below, no need to de-humanize artists). It would be nice to add another feature based on Valance Art Editor on artist page - “photo gallery” - at least we could use already gathered/rated resources. Something like last.fm pages. It is an another story if graphics should be stored locally (cached) or just online.

no.

We are not doing a non-logos setting.

It’s coming.

Here is a piece of advice that will make your Art Director experience better: vote for the photos you want to see and stop worrying about the ones you don’t want to see.

Some users have been flagging logos aggressively as “not this artist”. They have lost access to Art Director.

The system is built to focus on positive feedback and ignore (and penalize) negative feedback.

3 Likes

A couple weeks ago I uploaded photos for a number of artists with no photos in Roon, But Roon still shows no photos. For example Johnny Ace, Walter Lure, Duck Baker & Red Allen. Why is that? Thx.

Will there be improvement to the way artist images work on the now playing screen of an iPad. Since the latest update I’m finding most images won’t and I have changed the default setting to album cover only because of it. See example which is happening a lot.

Hi, it was more a remark ref the 20 “logos” that are just the word “Rush” in different fonts and colours. Though I accept it’s perfectly possible these represent depiction of the band name across their many albums.

I’m not seeing anything from you weeks ago, but I saw some from today. They will get looked at shortly and in a few days you’ll see them show up in Roon.

A observation and maybe a sugegstion for an improvement for most likely @danny regarding choosing the best picture.

When you are generally going through Art Director it sometimes presents you with a selection of pictures to select the best photo as shown below

It’s sometimes quite difficult to choose a favorite, this being a subjective judgement but what may sway a decision is the resolution of the image which in the example above isn’t shown. I’m inclined in the example to chose the right hand image as I know he is a pianist and the image depicts him sat probably at a piano. However if that image was a low resolution image I might have chosen the middle one instead.

If you look at the Tord Gustavsen page in Art Director you can see the resolutions.

Maybe an update to present the resolution everywhere would be a useful enhancement?

2 Likes

I call, vote tampering.

He can’t do it. The problem has been resolved. All profiles share the same votes.

I’m seeing far fewer objectively bad images on my artist page. Some are not my subjective taste but that isn’t really the point of the tool.

I don’t like the ‘Pavement?’ speech bubble logo because a drunk guy with that t-shirt once suggested, with a good degree of aggression, that I looked like Hank Marvin and proceeded to follow me around all night miming a tiny guitar and singing Shadows guitar licks… but it’s a sufficiently iconic image that represents the band well. If I can accept this logo in Roon anyone can accept a logo that is not their subjective taste – as long as it fits with the conventions of the UI.

Obviously, I’m still happy to submit corrections for the truly egregious aesthetic errors of judgement that I see – including resubmitting logos that I’ve done a poor job padding (cough, Voivod).

1 Like

the Pavement logo has less votes than the top voted photo… wait for caches to pick it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

@danny.
Are you planning to publish at some point a small statistic?
e.g. how many photos uploaded by how many individuals mean uploaded photo per person etc.

1 Like

We weren’t, but I’ll think about it. We are trying to “wrap up” this project without adding too much until a 2.0 is needed.

This same team needs to get working on Quantum Timelines.

1 Like

Umm. That was a tease. Now I’m excited about it too. Did I miss you writing about it?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Seeing border on avatar but not when asked to crop it

only the snippet here: valence.roonlabs.net (once you are logged in)

really stocked about that :wink:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Black area on side of artist photo banner