Valence Art Director in Roon

Is there Roon staff moderatinf Art Director at the moment?
I have some pending requests such as:

Isn’t it time to offer elected members of the community to moderate Art Director to avoid (expensive) Roon staff to do this, and increase speed?

Other (old) issue: some avatars still look bad in Roon - and not in Art Director:

1 Like

Is there a way to upload avatars, custom images into Roon without them being shared to everyone in the application? I would like to do some customization locally on my pc, since the photos I find are all copyrighted and I can’t upload them into Valence.

1 Like

Just add the picture from local storage. No need to upload it to Art Director. You have to do that anyway for artists that are not listed in Art Director. Use the Edit dropdown on that artist to access the Artist Editor:

You have no control over cropping though using this, so it is not a perfect solution.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Roon doesn’t allow adding photos from local storage. You have to paste a URL link in the Editor. :frowning:

There’s been a long time feature request to be able to add photos from local storage.

Screenshot from Roon for Mac OS once you click on “Add image” button above:

“Browse for image…” will bring up a picker, but you can also just drag over an image from your filesystem/desktop as well.

Windows works similary.

3 Likes

I have many recordings of radio shows and some audiobooks. None of the artists (or authors for audiobooks) are in Valence, so there is no other way to add them but from a local image.

You may need to do this from a Mac or PC desktop rather than a tablet to get the local file option.

It is even possible on iOS to add a picture from your picture library on your iPad.

The only option I see using an iPad (latest iOS) is “paste URL from clipboard”.

For example;

I almost never use my PC for Roon. Next time I’m using it I’ll check that out.

1 Like

You are right, sorry my bad, I was confused with Art Director.

1 Like

Hi @joel @danny Posted some images for an Irish band I saw perform live last week.
Still Waiting Approval - could you nudge the process along.

Thanks,
Simon.

2 Likes

What would be a reasonable time frame in which uploads are reviewed/approved? I believe mine are coming up to two weeks now.

2 Likes

Why not letting selected community members moderate Art Director as well to reduce bottlenecks and lack of availability of Roon staff?

2 Likes

we are setting up a training webinar and inviting in people to help with moderation.

5 Likes

Great, who are you looking to extending this capability to?

the initial invite list will be the top contributors based on submissions and acceptance rate. Probably around 10 people, of which we expect 2-3 to participate.

1 Like

@danny Any plans to allow us to set our own Valence preferences?

1 Like

what type of ‘preferences’ ?

Set my own preference for which artist image is being displayed. Rather than the one with most votes.

Hope this makes a bit more sense? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Art Director was designed to solve the problem of missing images, not provide a custom experience. However, we have tossed around the idea of showing multiple images and then allowing customization by picking the “primary” from one of those. It’s still in the early ideas stage, and not a priority at the moment. We have a lot of larger higher priority projects being worked on, including overall stability of Roon and the items voted for in the #roon:feature-suggestions area of these forums.

3 Likes