Version 1.8 crashing and instability

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro 64bit / Intel Core i7-6950x CPU @ 3ghz (10 core), 64 GB RAM
Roon 1.7 (build 667) stable (64 bit)
Library, stored on SSD.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NBN connection box CM9200B/ Sagemcom F@ ST 3864V3 HP Modem/Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RME HDSPe MADI FX/PCIe

Description Of Issue

I updated to 1.8 (build 764) today and have had major crashes and my core was no longer recognised, even by the core itself, and, I had to resort to a backup to get things up and running. Despite doing this, my remotes no longer recognised the core, and, I had to connect them to a ‘new’ core. Since updating, whenver I add any music (including Tidal music) the artwork does not automatically update; the only way I can get it is by identifying the album manually. Also, my internet connection crashes constantly every time I use a remote device (I use a macbook pro and an iphone XS as remotes). I purchased a lifetime subscription a few years ago and I must say, the software has been extremely buggy now for 12 months. I’m pretty peeved about it; I’m beginning to use the Tidal music app more often just for the lack of headaches.

regards,

Adam

Hello @Adam_Casey ,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties here and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

After you add an album, what does Roon look like, can you please share a screenshot?

By internet crashing, you mean to say that the entire network stops functioning including apps outside of Roon?

You should be aware that we strongly suggest against using ISP-provided routers as we have often seen such routers not be up to par on performance standards, please see our Networking Best Practices Guide for more details.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.