Next gen Router, swtch aqvox se, all conecte with ethernet cable Linkup

Audio Devices

SOTM Sms 200 Neo, Dac Gold Note Ds-10

Library Size

6598 albums

Description of Issue

I miss the first second of songs.

I did try all resinc delay i have now 1000 ms

Try setting a “resync delay” in the audio device settings.

1 Like

Thank you i have done all that. And i could solve it parcialy, now only happends when the first track is played or if I go forwsrd skiping tracks. So if i want to play a complete álbum only the first song right after i push play will be loosing the first second. It is dispointing but I gave up.

Are you Upsampling heavily by any chance?
I sometimes have same , about one second, missing from just the first album start of a session while Roon DSP kicks into gear.
After that in same listening session no problems with it.
It did not worry me enough to look into it.
I am Upsampling everything to dsd 512.

Hi @cristian_garcia

Can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path?

Does this happen for all endpoints? What if you play to System Output of a remote?

Where are your albums stored? Are they all local? Does it happen with local and streaming?

Hi Dylan

Attached is the screenshot of the path. It happens only with this enpoint and only when using some dacs. If i listen on the Phone no delay. My albums are stored in a hard disk connected to the roon rock server. I tried yesterday and local files dont suffer that problem.

Thanks fot your help. Looking forward to get your reply.

Hello @cristian_garcia,

Thanks so much for following up with answers to Dylan’s questions. We’ve missed on your reply for a while and I want to apologize for that.

I was wondering if you could confirm things are the same. Has anything changed?

I’d love to make sure you get the help you need :pray:

Hi Rebeka. The problem Still but I gave up. It is anoying when missing the first second but it happens in this setup only. On other end points does not happend.

Regards
Cristian

Hey @cristian_garcia,

Thanks a whole lot for keeping in touch and sharing how things stand. Thanks for all the effort you put in.

I’d love to check with our technical team and see what might resolve this.

Please, bear with us a little longer :bear:

I apologize for the lack of response here, @cristian_garcia. Are you still seeing issues here?

If so, please note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and the name of the track that was playing and upload your Roon Logs by using these instructions. The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service please let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @cristian_garcia, I’ve re-opened this Topic at your request. Can you please do the following:

Thanks!

Roon Core Machine

< Core Machine

Roon Rock, Nuc8i3Beh - 8 Gigas ram

Network Details

Next gen Router, swtch aqvox se, all conecte with ethernet cable Linkup

Audio Devices

SOTM Sms 200 Neo, Dac Gold Note Ds-10

Library Size

6598 albums

Description of Issue

I miss the first second of songs.

I did try all resinc delay i have now 10000
<

Hello @cristian_garcia ,

Have you had a chance to send us the information that @dylan requested above?

Thank you!

Hey @cristian_garcia,

We’d love to help sort this out. Would you be able to share the information above, so we can have a better idea of what causes the clipping?

Thanks in advance :pray:

Oké seems I experience the same problem just starting today on a Windows client, iOS functions okay.

Maybe this will help. Setting delay does not chage a thing, well it starts playing with a delay but still skips the first sec.

Hello @Arno_Verhoeven ,

Thank you for your question. Please note that for iFi, when the DAC is woken up from idle mode, the DAC itself will fade in audio as the circuitry prepares for output.

It also looks like you are playing MQA content in this case, which has a short silence before tracks are audible as well, please see:

Thanks for responding. Though this wasn’t the solutions it made me play with some settings and I managed to solve the problem bu changing the preferred ASIO buffer time in the Ifi settings from 512 to 1024

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.