Very frequent error: Tidal media is loading slowly

Hi, I am getting the Tidal media is loading slowly error every 30 seconds to two minutes, freezes music, jumps to the next song in the album.

I have read the forum articles on fixes, the remedies don’t help my situation. I have done a hard reset of the modem (Netgear D7000). Modem has latest firmware, v66. Rest of system is Netgear D7000 to a Dlink DES108 switch, to Mac Mini 2012 version with i7, to TP Link MC-100CM FMC, fiber cable, another FMC, to a PS Audio Directstream with Bridge II.

I rebooted the Mac and switch and modem. The problem persists. At this time the ISP is providing >20Mbps service.

Remote is a Samsung Tab 10.1 on build 333, Mini is on build 334.

Thanks for the detailed report, @B_Felt!

So we can gain some greater insight into what may be happening here, please see the following:

• Does this behavior occur when playing to all endpoints? If you play directly to System Output of the mac mini does the same behavior occur?
  • If you play TIDAL outside of Roon from the web player or app on the Core machine do you experience similar behavior?
  • Just to be verify — Local media plays without issue, correct?

Thanks!
Dylan

1 Like

If you put the fmc’s into the DES108 what happens?

Hi Dylan,

-not sure how to play directly to System Output of the mac . . .
-on a different machine (Win 10) when I play Tidal, I will occasionally get an error that someone else is using the account (not true) and it will pause a song, then it will clear the error is around a minute. I never get the slow loading error on the Win 10 machine.
-local media from my usb outboard drive plays fine

thanks,
Bill

Hi Henry,

not sure what you mean by putting the FMC’s into the DES108. I do run an ethernet from the DES108 to an FMC, then there is a length of fiber, into the next FMC. Then ethernet into the PS Audio Directstream Bridge. Are you suggesting some other configuration?

thanks,
Bill

I drew something based on how you described it earlier but if that is how you have it, that is cool.

Thanks for the details here, @B_Felt!

I’d like to recommend clearing your TIDAL cache. Please see the following steps:

1. Shutdown your Roon Core
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  4. Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  5. Try restarting Roon and syncing Tidal

Give this a try and let me know if you notice any change!

Thanks,
Dylan

thanks Dylan, I will do this the next time the issue crops up to see if it makes a lightswitch immediate benefit. In the meantime, I did 2 hours of listening last night with no issues . . . there is definitely some random factor in the mix.

1 Like

I just want to share my experience having the “… media is loading slowly” issue on some devices, but not all in recent days. Simply going to settings–> Library–> Library Maintenance–> Clean up library and cleaning up ~150 deleted items seems have resolved the issue entirely. I’m a bit surprised that there would be such a direct correlation between db clean-up and having issues playing content (local files, Tidal and Qobuz), but hey, it worked (so far).

thanks for the tip, mrvco, I will try it tonight!

doing the Clean Up Library right now, I have 4278 deleted files. Is that a lot?

2 posts were split to a new topic: TIDAL media is loading slowly error in Roon