Very Heavy Problem with new version 1.3 (200)

Dear Friends,

my hardware is a big portable PC ASUS with Windows Server 2012 R2 (extremely optimezed as music player, with a HI END external DAC. This PC is used only and exclusively to run Roon in Server mode, using a Windows tablet as remote controller.

Till yesterday before to upgrade Roon from first vers. 1.3 to last vers. 1.3 (200), all things were perfectly running, but from the moment I upgraded new version, I had following heavy problem.

When Roon is working (also if is in idle mode), if I load new music albums (all album’s tracks in a new folder) on my external Hard Disk drive (connected to PC via USB 3 port), or also via my private network LAN (the hard disk is shared on my lan) through a different PC, or also using the “drag and drops” function of Remote Desktop, it happens always, and I underline always, that more or less in half of transferred albums, for each album one or more tracks in Roon data base library are missing; generally in one album yes, and in following one no, and so onnce.

Also if in Roon I start the “rescan” function of the new acquired albums, these tracks never appear, also if in my Hard Disk are sure present, and I am absolutely sure, not corrupted.

If I delete these new albums from Hard Disk and also from Roon data base Library, and after I reload again the new albums, the problem appears again, but for sure, not necessarily with the same albums and with the same tracks; the missed tracks are random.

The only way to do so Roon reads without problem the news albums and updates correctly its data base, is to stop the Roon program (in my case the service, because I use Roon in Server mode), to load the new albums indifferentely in any way you prefer, and successively to restart again Roon service, waiting time all tracks are loaded in Roon library. In this way never it happens to find missing tracks in Roon data base library.

A second way to avoid this problems without to stop Roon service is to load the new albums in the hard disk connecting it to a port USB of a different PC, and after reconnecting it to the original PC.

It seems this problem appears only when new files are loading on hard disk, and contemporanely Roon begins to upload its database. It dont appear if the two processes are not contemporary.

Please let me know if there are solutions that I can get, if problem is due to me, otherwise try to discovery a solution to this bug.

Thank you and my best regards.

Maurizio Russo
mau.russo55@gmail.com

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Adding new Albums frequently results in skipped tracks (I/O failures) in the Library