Visual Error when scrolling in Windows App

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

CPU 5950x
GPU rtx 3090
Windows 10
Roon build 1.8 build 764
Display Samsung Odyssey G9

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fritzbox 7590
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sony Amp
SP2000

Description Of Issue

When scrolling in the Windows App I get artifacts all over the place. The Windows App is unuseable. This is the only app this is happening in. This happens when scrolling through album list or through settings.

Video of this on youtube

https://youtu.be/2HtqKLc0Cug

1 Like

What driver version are you using. the latest nvidia driver has some issues that has previously been reported.

1 Like

Yep, I see similar on 461.72, but not as bad (also just moving my mouse) - more like small blocks of colour (video in linked post):

I haven’t updated to the latest yet (released today: 461.92), but my artifacts disappear when I turn off HDR.

Edit: Latest driver doesn’t remove the artfacts for me.

I am using the latest driver (i.e. from today). Does anyone know a stable driver to use?

I would start with 460.79 (Dec 2020):

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/167502/en-uk

Some users reported flcikering in apps like Blender in 461.09 (Jan), and we wouldn’t have noticed as the issue seems connected to 1.8 (1.8 was released in Feb).

Hello, I´m evaluation Roon and also have very nasty graphics problems everywhere in the UI under Windows 10. (Recent build / no HDR / Nvidia GeForce 2080TI with driver version 461.92)

See screenshots below. Any ideas besides using outdated drivers? Like this, it is not very usable. I suspect the issue is on the Roon side, since all other Applications - also those using GPU ressources - are working flawlessly. Thank you.

roon_graphics2.PNG

Thank you

One addition to the previous post:

With a lower resolution and scaling set to 100% the artifacts are much less, although not completely gone. The SW would be usable in that setup.

Demo screenshot: roon_graphics3

I`m using a 4K Display@60Hz with 125% scaling. The screenshot above was taken @1920x1080 and 100% Scaling. Maybe it helps…

Solution: MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner running in the background caused the problem. After stopping the programs, the errors in Roon go away.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.