Visualization recommendation

Can you recommend a good screen saver that acts as a visualiser?

From some years back -

FWIW.

1 Like

The ones from SoundSpectrum are good and stable. Not sure about acting as screen saversā€¦

Thanks. I am being forced to choose which media player I use before I can download SoundSpectrum. As Roon is obviously not on the list, does it mattter which one I pick?

Hmm, itā€™s been a while.

I seem to remember that there was a generic choice, but maybe thatā€™s not there anymore.

Edit: @MattG - OK, I remember now. I used the standalone version with a mic. SoundSpectrum will tightly integrate with some media players, but not Roon. I think I had it integrated with JShiver.

If you read the thread I linked, there are some other solutions.

1 Like

Yeah, you need to read the solution. Slim uses (or used?) a mic. Some media players will just integrate and SoundSpectrum will pick up the audio signal.

Thatā€™s not how I use it with Roon. It takes Windows and the ā€œWhat you hearā€ mixer to be the input device. It may only be present with Realtek drivers, not sure (because all my mobos have onboard audio that I donā€™t use except for this) . It works exceptionally well if the visuals are displayed on the core. Uses some network bandwidth otherwise.

1 Like

@James_I and @xxx much appreciated.

3 Likes