Volume adjustment sound cuts out

When adjusting the volume slider the sound cuts out. This happens about 50% of the time. The track is still “playing” but no sound. Changing album, then going back to the previous one seems to fix it, but is frustrating.
On the subject of volume control, given the generally sophisticated interface, it seems very clunky having to drag a slider…
System specs
Lenovo W530 Windows7 64
Output to USB, Kef LS50W (waiting for Roon ready update)
Regards
Arthur

Hi @Arthur_Woolhouse ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us!

Moving forward, can you please provide the following information to help aide in my understanding of this behavior you’ve reported to us.

1. When you notice that the “sound cuts out” during volume adjustments, is it with the same type of content each time? In other words, do you find this happening with a specific file type/sample rate?

2. If you play directly out of the internal speakers of the Lenovo W530 (temporarily by passing the KEF speakers), do you make the same observation when manipulating the volume slider?

3. During your troubleshooting, have you tried installing Roon on another device that can act as a remote to see if this issue is reproducible?

-Eric

Update…
Sorry unable to pinpoint when this occurs
It got so annoying I now only control the volume with the LS50 remote

Interestingly, I get the same sort of problem with my Kef X300A’s. Not a big issue. Try clicking positions on the slider instead of actually sliding it. Works for me.

Are you playing DSD as DoP?

Ludwig Who are you asking? If it’s me what is DSD or DoP? I am currently playing over USB
Sallah… It doesn’t make much difference for me whether I click or drag, and sometimes it doesn’t affect the volume at all.

1 Like

I don’t get any option for DSD with the Kefs, I do with the Mojo i have as my other output device.

I was asking you but evidently I’m barking up the wrong tree!