Volume control continuously ramps up or down

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus+, latest build as of 6/28.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Verizon Fios Quantum router --> Pakedge RK-1 router through DMZ–>Pakedge SX-24P16 switch–>local unmanaged switch. Nucleus on SX-24P16, dCS Vivaldi Upsampler on local switch. Roon app on iPad.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

dCS Vivaldi Upsampler on wired connection as outlined above, dCS Vivaldi DAC as preamp, connections via AES1+2, dCS Vivaldi Clock for Upsampler and DAC.

Description Of Issue

Several times volume has ramped constantly upward to max, or vice-versa, from Roon app. Rebooting Nucleus+ or the dCS Upsampler doesn’t help, only force closing app on iPad.

Hi @Michael_Brandenburg,

Thanks for reaching out here, I have a few follow-up questions:

• Does this behavior only happen on the iPad remote, or does it occur on other remotes as well?

• If you have a Windows/OSX remote, can you check to see if it exhibits the same behavior?

• How often would you say this occurs, once a day, once a week, more/less?

• Does this issue only occur on the dCS Upsampler, or does it occur for any other zones as well?

• Are you using the newest dCS firmware?

Hi Norris,

Within an eight day period it occurred three times. The only device used is an iPad. I did use it on my Android phone and my Windows7 laptop but for very short periods. The owner uses iPads exclusively.

There is no other zone. I didn’t check, but was informed by dCS that the units shipped with latest firmware.

Appreciate any input.

Hi @Michael_Brandenburg,

Thank you for providing that info. Can I next please ask you to note the exact local time + date in your country of when this behavior next occurs? E.g. 11:03AM on 7/11/19? I would like to take a look at diagnostics from the iPad to see if there are any clues as to what is going on.

Also, if the Core is registered under a different email address than the one you are posting from, can you please private message me the email address associated with this issue? You can private message me by clicking on my name -> message on this thread.

Also, just to confirm, when you used it briefly on your Android phone and Windows7 laptop, you were not able to reproduce this behavior? It was just occurring on the iPad as far as you can tell? Which version of iPad was in use and what is the iOS version?

Hi Norris,

I just PM’d you the customer’s registered email address. I can only give you the timeframe of the one I personally experienced; July 4 somewhere around 7-7:30 PM. I’ll forward you further info once I get it.

I did not have this runaway volume issue either with my Android phone nor the Windows7 laptop I used to setup the unit. However, usage for actual volume control was minimal. Again, the customer uses only his iPad.

Best regards,

Michael Brandenburg

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Volume does not stay at specified level

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.