Volume control on ipad & iphone [Available in Build 831]

Thanks for joining! ):

In fact - anybody who uses a mobile device today to control Roon’s volume would appreciate this a lot.

Instead of unlocking the device, switching to the Roon app, Pressing on the volume control and using the touch screen with our fat fingers ( :stuck_out_tongue: ), instead of that, simply use our device’s hardware volume buttons without even looking at it. Amazing right?

6 Likes

+1 to better iPhone integration: show volume controls and currently playing track on lock screen

2 Likes

More than volume, being able to advance tracks, stop/start playback from the lock screen is very convenient.

I was at a house that had Sonos this weekend, and every time I quickly skipped a track without unlocking my phone, I thought, “It’d be great if I could do this at home with Roon.”

10 Likes

+1 (Even BubbleDS for Linn does it, I’m in the Roon trial and greatly miss it.)

1 Like

+1 would like this functionality as well.

1 Like

+1 for volume control over phone and control from lock screen

2 Likes

Adding my vote. Right now it only works if the iPad / phone is the current endpoint.

1 Like

+1 here lock screen controls should be available as standard here when much lesser apps already do this, and hard button volume controls would be equally useful.

2 Likes

This is my number 1 request it’d frustrating to have to keep unlocking for simple volume control.

1 Like

+1. Would ask for iOS in general so iPad also included.

1 Like

+1 volume control on phone volume buttons, and lockscreen controll

1 Like

+1 as well. Especially for the volume buttons, but control from the lockscreen would be awesome!

1 Like

+1. Volume control directly in Now Playing screen would be great too. In a cellphone, to modify volume takes 2 taps, the first one in speaker icon then the second one in plus or minus icon.

1 Like

+1
Is there any chance of this happening? As well as the convenience (fewer taps to access the function), the hardware buttons are a lot more reliable and accurate than the very small on screen controls on a phone.

1 Like

+1 Been using Roon for all of 2 days (I’m a long time Sonos user, almost from the very beginning) and I noticed this feature gap immediately. Would absolutely love it if Roon added this.

1 Like

+1 indeed this would be great!

1 Like

Hi Support,

It would be great if I can use the physical volume buttons on my iPhone to control the volume of my Linn Kimax DSM/3?

Right now, it is not very ergonomic to change the volume as it involves several steps.

Thanks,
Quinn

1 Like

Yeah, I have to throw my vote in for volume control buttons

Working out in the yard, in the pocket volume control would be great. So many other apps do it, including Tidal’s whether in the fore or background

Big +1 if there is such a thing. Apps like Tidal works as follows: whichever app has system audio output, has system volume control via the hardware buttons. Even when app is not in foreground! This is convenient since I can be browsing in Safari in FG but easily adjust Tidal volume using volume buttons, without bringing Tidal to FG.

I see how this is harder to implement using Core architecture, but it would be very nice if you can map those buttons. Keep in mind buttons can be arbitrarily mapped, eg some camera apps use as shutter release.

Using a Logitech remote to control the volume while I have the iPad running Roon in hand seems awful.

2 Likes

We STILL don’t have basic volume control. I mention this every time I talk about to anyone about Roon.

1 Like