Volume control on ipad & iphone [Available in Build 831]

+1 missing this from day one!

1 Like

I canā€™t even believe this isnā€™t already implemented.
Between this and the android app disconnecting from the roon core the phone experience is very frustrating, and why I hardly ever use it. Every once in a while Iā€™ll pull up the app just to be frustrated again. I suppose it could be my router, but I have no issues with google music, youtube, chromecast, spotify, tidal, etc.

1 Like

+1 Keen on this as well

1 Like

+1 indeed this would be great !

1 Like

+1. Yeah we want it :smiley:

1 Like

+1 agreed, this would be great :+1:

1 Like

Plus one - honestly as a new user was surprised to discover this was missing

1 Like

You have to jump through a lot of hoops before Apple will allow you anywhere near their ecosystem, and I suspect this would be a tough one for Roon to go along with. Sure, it would be a great convenience feature, but for a developer, Apple give out a long list of non-negotiable stipulations about what you can and canā€™t do. Donā€™t hold your breath.

I wonder if Apples stringent control is why also donā€™t see this on Android to as they want platform unity for the remote. Shame as other apps seem to do this.

+1 Great idea

1 Like

I upgraded to lifetime membership today, but when I give people interested in Roon the balanced input about it, I always say it has significant volume control issues. I cannot quickly adjust the volume especially if my iPhone or iPad has locked screen after a few minutes of listening. People ask really? They canā€™t believe something so basic for usability hasnā€™t been fixed yet. I also point out that of course I donā€™t expect to be able to USE Roon while on the go, but it is disappointing that I cannot even view or share playlists if Iā€™m not on my home WiFi.

I wish I had the expertise to set up my Harmony Elite with hub to control Roon. But I donā€™t. My only real complaint about Roon is that I need two remotes ā€“ my Harmony for volume and my iPad for everything else ā€“ to play my music. My Feature Request is that we find one remote to do do the job.

1 Like

+1 for this facility. Iā€™ve just moved from Bluesound to Roon and Iā€™m sorry to lose this.

And another +1 here please for iOS

Hello Roon moderators - do you even read this community posts?!

+1 This is a no brainer!

+1 for this. Iā€™m in the 14 days trial now but this is a deal breaker. Iā€™ve been used to it with Sonos, even from within the Tidal app when casting to Sonos (without the Sonos app open/connected)

2 Likes

fwiw if you only use Sonos speakers, you can open the Sonos app and use it. When you lock your phone, the volume controls still control Sonos volume.

1 Like

+1 from me too!! Lockscreen integration would be awesome including the use of the volume buttons!!
It really is annoying to always have to unlockā€¦open the appā€¦go to volumeā€¦!
Please make this available in the next upgrade. Doesnā€™t seem to be so difficult! :wink:

+1 vote here! :slightly_smiling_face: