Volume control on ipad & iphone [Available in Build 831]

+1 from me too. Lock screen integration on iOS and volume control via the device’s volume buttons would be a big convenience feature for me.

I have always though the use of these in an app that is not actually playing music through the iPhone was banned by apple, but thinking about it - doesn’t the apple TV app do this when watching the TV even when the source is the apple TV and not the iphone?

Been ages since I used that remote app so I may be wrong.

I know that adding observers to these buttons used to be straight forward and I think that is even part of the watch kit independent of full media player controls?

Good idea! I’d love that as well.

+1
+Apple Watch

Just seeing this thread… I will admit to not reading every post (some are months old), but wanted to comment because it seems like many are asking for something that does exist.

If your iPhone is the endpoint (either listening with headphones or to a bluetooth speaker, or to an airport express), you CAN control the music from your lock screen.

Now, if you’re sending the music to a different endpoint, such as a streamer, or multiple endpoints, then no, you can’t. (I’d guess it would be difficult for the phone to know what endpoint to control from the lock screen. Plus it’s Roon that’s sending it to the endpoint, and your phone is only a Roon remote, just like your iPad or computer would be. On the lock screen, your phone wouldn’t have ANY idea that Roon is playing to another endpoint.

Anyway, carry on.

1 Like

+1 Squeezer does this for ages…

That would be nice new feature as well as being able to use mouse scroll-wheel to change volume…

Hi there,
I recently switched from Node 2i to Nucleus. While using Node 2i and MacBook Pro as core, I was able to control volume from iPad. Now that I am running Nucleus, I cannot control volume from iPad anymore. My setup is Nucleus to Qutest. Roon Device setup for iPad and Qutest are both set to (Volume Control = Device Volume).
Best,
Guy

Yes please, please, please. I’m making the switch from Sonos to Roon and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tried to change the Roon volume with my Android Phone’s volume up/down. It is very intuitive and I can’t believe the Killer UI/UX that is Roon has missed this one.

Keep up the good work! I’m a few months in and really diggin’ Roon

1 Like

Trying out Roon after finally enabling a Roon server, but the omission of the volume buttons feels like a no go to me. How can anyone forget about decent volume control? Roon, I give you until my next payment to solve this issue. Please act in time.

1 Like

Crazy. I am lacking the hardware volume controls too. And there are many requests on this feature already for years. But Roon does nowhere explain why they can’t make that happen… That does not display customer awareness. Can’t be that hard I would say to add hardware control. The simplest programs can do that nowadays (but not Roon)

it is particularly desirable because of how long it takes to get back to being able to do something in the iOS roon app from a “turned off” state. sometimes you really just need to turn down the volume right now.

I’m one day into my trial and this, so far, is one of the most annoying things. (i also am annoyed that I cant group my chromecast with my server’s output…)

please. This stands out DRAMATICALLY as the missing feature, I naturally adjust the volume rockers and get really annoyed when they dont work. It’s a remote, for cryin out loud!

1 Like

Is this some kind of joke. Why can’t Roon implement control with the hardware buttons on iPhone/iPad to control volume? It’s a very basic function that just must work. Roon, fix it now please. It’s so annoying that this function doesn’t work with Roon.

1 Like

Pending since 4 years!

1 Like

Even Spotify can do this.

In case any Android users stumble across this thread, you can use this extension: it’roXs!

There is no excuse for not implementing volume control with iPad / iPhone volume buttons. Apple’s own Apple TV remote app does it.

First requested in 2016. Still nothing in 2nd half of 2020. Pretty poor showing, dear Roon.