Volume control on ipad & iphone

When the app is in the forground it would be nice if you could use the volume buttons of the iphone or ipad to control volume instead of having to use the slider.

10 Likes

I asked for this with iPeng (for Squeezebox control), but was told that it violated Apple’s UI guidelines.

Logitech Harmony app has this functionality…so it must be possible :grinning:

Naughty Logitech! :wink: But +1 from me on your request.

Sonos does this as well.

This would be great. I know the Harmony app can do it, so it must be possible.

The GUI slider is too difficult to make fine adjustments.

1 Like

I think this is a good idea.

I also like the idea of UI volume redesign - a bigger, rotary control overlaid full screen (on iphone at least) would give much better control.

1 Like

Android apps controlling LMS/Squeezebox also do this. By habit I still try to change volume in Roon using volume buttons on the device.

+1 adding this feature to all control apps.

1 Like

Another +1 :slight_smile:

Roonready partner Bluesound has volume control from their BluOs app

Any news on the roon front?

2 Likes

Choice to have volume control visible all time like Naim has in their app.

1 Like

If not hardware button control I would like to see GUI + & -controls to allow for smoooth volume changes

roon is way too late implementing this… I’ve bought a harmony remote. Both the fysical remote as the app /widget offer fine control of volume. Both via touch and with the volume buttons on the ipad/iphone
roons volume control is very poor on ios devices. the slider is way to difficult to use for small adjustments

+1
Some DLNA controller app even has cover display and can access control on lock screen. Hope Roon can soon implement this. Big step ahead in UI.

1 Like

Roon Developers, is the lack of button volume control still because of iPhone standards? As others have pointed out many apps have the integration with hardware button controls, and that includes Tidal itself. Would LOVE to not have to dig for the volume bar to make a quick adjustment.

1 Like

Another +1; PLEASE implement it

1 Like

+1 from me too

1 Like

Hi Support,

It would be great if I can use the physical volume buttons on my iPhone to control the volume of my Linn Kimax DSM/3?

Right now, it is not very ergonomic to change the volume as it involves several steps.

Thanks,
Quinn

Yeah, I have to throw my vote in for volume control buttons

Working out in the yard, in the pocket volume control would be great. So many other apps do it, including Tidal’s whether in the fore or background

Big +1 if there is such a thing. Apps like Tidal works as follows: whichever app has system audio output, has system volume control via the hardware buttons. Even when app is not in foreground! This is convenient since I can be browsing in Safari in FG but easily adjust Tidal volume using volume buttons, without bringing Tidal to FG.

I see how this is harder to implement using Core architecture, but it would be very nice if you can map those buttons. Keep in mind buttons can be arbitrarily mapped, eg some camera apps use as shutter release.

Using a Logitech remote to control the volume while I have the iPad running Roon in hand seems awful.

2 Likes