Volume jumping to 100%

@dylan and all, I’m als experiencing jumps to 100% volume when initiation playback on a Naim Mu-so endpoint using Airplay.

1. Settings before initiating playback: volume set to 30

2. Aso before - mu-so comfort set to 50, max 75

3. On playback volume immediately whacks up to 100, rendering slider unusuble because it’s above comfort so difficult to correct quickly too:

I believe this issue emerged first after the mu-so was updated to latest firmware implementing Airplay2, and Roon’s subsequent ‘workaround’ for Airplay2.

Note 1. I had seen volume jumping to 100 haviour before but only when playing from Roon to the Mu-so via Squeezelite on a Microrendu (so Mu-so as a DLNA renderer), but it’s a path I hardly use. (and avoided for this very reason)

Note 2. I have found other mentions of this issue on the forum, but no solution, bar the suggestion to ‘hardcode’ the mu-so itself through its app to not play above a certain level:

I believe this works, but only in the sense that 60% on the mu-so app will be equivalent to 100 in Roon? If so, it may prevent serious harm to tech and body for now… but not a real solution.

EDIT
Note 3: here is a link to a thread and split-offs reporting similar behaviour with Airplay.

and another one, mainly on DLNA