Volume levelling on Qobuz albums

I’m also still waiting for this! Any news?

1 Like

@support: Is there a deadline for implementing this fix?
Volume leveling is totally compromised when it comes to streaming and album listening… :frowning_face:

1 Like

I’m still waiting for an answer (or solution) from @support

Without a good working volume leveling Qobuz wil never be an option for me

It may be same on Tidal. I cannot check this…

No, with Tidal in Roon volume leveling is flawless working for albums and tracks.

I’m still waiting for an answer (or solution) from @support

or @dylan, or @john?

Or @noris :wink:

Your last response was almost 4 months ago. How about an update?

1 Like

Hello All,

We’re aware that this issue is still ongoing and we have an active ticket with the tech team regarding it. We don’t have any specific news to share at this time, but we are still planning for some improvements here.

We appreciate everyone’s patience while this issue makes it’s way through the queue and once we have further news to share, we’ll be sure to update this thread. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, and let us know, those that observe this thread how we can manifest that this is a rather high importance fix request for Qobuz albums listeners. Here we are in a support thread and not feature request where importance is manifested. I think it is underestimated by Roon how disturbing listing to an album is when volume changes like crazy between tracks, because album normalization is not available and therefore needs to be set to track for now for Qobuz listening.

2 Likes

There is nothing worse than to leave your customers in the dark just because you have no new info to share. Every once in a while, which is not 4 months, it would be good to comment in this thread just like you did above.

2 Likes

Just asking, but is the call for album levelling down to the fact that you want to sort out a Qobuz problem specifically? Because I’ve noticed albums (especially from the 70’s) can have extreme varying volume levels between tracks? I’m just playing Carly Simon Secrets and the last track ‘His friends are more than fond of Robin’ was at least barely two thirds the volume of the track that went before? I’ve also noticed it on a couple of old Rickie Lee Jones albums as well, do you think it’s Qobuz grabbing tracks from wherever and not necessarily playing the actual album? Just wondering as surely you would leave an album track variance alone as the artist intended otherwise?

Most disturbing is track normalization when you listen to a live album. Depending on if the whole band/orchestra plays or not, e.g. an acoustic guitar and voice vs. whole band playing such an album cannot be listened well with track normalization. The problem is that in Roon the Album normalization does not work for Qobuz streams because the normalization value is plain wrong, e.g. an album with quite some high compression has a normalization value of +3.x dB and then constantly clips when your headroom is not set ridiculously high. Qobuz or Roon needs to fix this depending who has an hiccup database reg. the loudness value. All albums purchased and downloaded from Qobuz have correct values as Roon analyzes the albums when imported. But streaming from Qobuz with album normalization does not work. My preference would be to use album normalization as I mostly listen to entire albums and not shuffled tracks or radio.

Just spent a few hours figuring out why volume levelling wouldn’t work as advertised for me, then bumped into this thread. :expressionless:

So, just chiming in to say I would love to see album-level volume levelling for Qobuz get fixed.

1 Like

According to the release notes this issue should be fixed. Great! Of course, I’ll test when I’m back at home in a couple of days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can confirm volume levelling now finally works for albums as well. Thanks, @support! Nice work.

3 Likes

Thank you Roon for doing this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.