Volume levelling on Qobuz albums

Hi everyone,

Last week the team made some changes to resolve things, but we didn’t want to comment until these changes had time to make their way to everyone’s databases. Please note that there may still be some tracks without volume leveling information, but this number is getting gradually decreasing.

Thanks for your patience here, everyone! It’s much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@dylan Is album volume leveling working? Tried it today to no avail. Every track had a different volume…

Yes, it looks much better! I have turned volume leveling back on and will observe.

Same here. Every track still has its own normalization.

Could this be because the changes that were made are not yet in my database? Is there a way to force this?

Hi,

Any news on album volume normalization?

Regards,
Alex

Hi @dylan,

I’m also curious when we get the album normalisation.

Hi,

@dylan or @support, can you please provide some feedback? Even is this is a particularly hard bug to solve, please say so. Please at least inform us instead of keeping us in the dark. I would very much appreciate transparency.

Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hello @DeLub,

The QA team was able to reproduce issue and a ticket has been filed with the development team for further investigation. We will be sure to keep this thread updated on the status of the ticket.

-John

2 Likes

Thanks, John

Regards, Alex

Hi, any news yet?

As an example, this recording is unlistenable with volume normalisation due to the subdivision in tracks within a single movement of the symphony…

album on qobuz

2 Likes

Hi,

I tried to cancel my roon subscription, among other reasons, because of this: I find it hard to understand why, if you’ve managed to implement volume levelling on track basis, it takes so long to fix a bug that’s preventing levelling on album basis. And also the lack of information on progress, estimated time to fix, … annoys me. (There might be a very good reason why it takes so long, that I fail to see with my limited knowledge.)

But… You guys have made such a great product, besides this bug, that I just had to return. So, I’m back already! :slight_smile:

Any news on this topic?

Regards,
Alex

1 Like

+1
I am also very interested in fixing this problem. Each track still has its own normalization…

2 Likes

I’m also still waiting for this! Any news?

1 Like

@support: Is there a deadline for implementing this fix?
Volume leveling is totally compromised when it comes to streaming and album listening… :frowning_face:

1 Like

I’m still waiting for an answer (or solution) from @support

Without a good working volume leveling Qobuz wil never be an option for me

It may be same on Tidal. I cannot check this…

No, with Tidal in Roon volume leveling is flawless working for albums and tracks.

I’m still waiting for an answer (or solution) from @support

or @dylan, or @john?