Volume slider automatically increases on Android app

I have installed the latest Android app on my Pixel 3 phone which fixes the crashing of the app on Android 10 and that works fine. But now i have experienced a number of times, when i play music on my Bluesound Flex 2i of my Lumin U1 Mini and i increase the volume, that it automatically increases the volume to 100. If i use the slider to decrease the volume then it just goes up again to 100.

It doesn’t matter if i use the slider or the -/+ buttons, the behaviour stays the same. It is not happening every time i use the app but it happens about 1 in 5 times. The only way to fix it is to stop playback (a Flex at 100% creates a lot of sound), close the app and kill it from running in the background. After restarting the app it mostly works like it should.

It seems only my Android 10 device is affected, because my Chromebook (with the Android app) and my wifes Samsung Galaxy S9 are not experiencing this issue.

Hi @Rdg — Thanks for reaching out!

The next time this occurs can you make a note of the time in your local timezone and reply here with that?

No problem. It just happened again at 15.21

And it happenend again just now at 17.07. It seems it only happens when i start to play something and adjust the volume right after pressing play.

Thanks, @Rdg.

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thank you Dylan for the quick response and action.

And it happened again just now at 18.43 so the core was pretty active :wink:

Hi @Rdg,

I just spoke with the team about this. We currently have some changes in this area of the Android app that are being tested currently and the team believes that this should resolve the issue for you. I can’t promise and specific timeframes here, but I’ll be sure to keep you updated once we have more information available.

Hi Dylan,

Thank you very much for the feedback. It is good to know that something is coming that should resolve this. I will be waiting for the update and post an update here if it gets solved or not.

@dylan Unfortunately the 1.7 update does not seem to fix the volume issue. I have tried two diiferent cores in different networks and it still goes up to 100 sometimes.

Any idea if there is anything i can try?

I have the same issue intermittently on my Pixel 2. Glad it’s being looked into. My KEFs get damn loud at anything over 60…

Before or after upgrade to Android 10?

Good question. It was definitely after, but I don’t remember it being an immediate issue after the upgrade. I’m probably not a good data point because over winter (here in NZ) I’m watching more TV and less music. Season has just started to change so noticed the issue maybe a month ago?

Not causing a problem tonight though. I’ll report back if I’m still seeing the issue on 1.7 (just upgraded tonight)

Cheers

To me it started after the update to Android 10.

@dylan The latest update of the server and the app still doesn’t solve it. Any idea?

Hi @Rdg — Apologies for the continued troubles here. I’ve let the team know you’re still seeing this and will follow up when I receive feedback from their investigation.

Thank you. I understand everyone is busy ironing out the wrinkles in the latest release, but it would be very nice that this gets solved.

Hi @Rdg,

The team is trying to reproduce this behavior in our QA labs but, unfortunately, we have not been successful in doing so. If possible, can you share a video of this behavior occurring so we can better understand how we might be able to get this behavior to occur on our end?

Thanks!

Hi @dylan,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately the behavior is almost impossible to capture, because when it happens then it happens pretty quick. And it happens quite random. It also seems that it happens less often since the latest updates to the app so there is something that has changed in that section.

The only solution when it happens is to force close the app before the volume gets to high. After reopening the app it normally works just fine.

Hopefully there will be an update someday that fixes this.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Volume jumping on Android