VPNs and Roon Core can they work together?

I am currently using a 60 day trial, and I have a pair of LS50Ws hardwired into my home network that have terrible stutter only when my VPN is on my desktop PC. This happens to be the same PC that has Roon Core on it.

Is this expected behavior?

Hi,

I’ve moved your topic to the support section of the forum.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @BattleScarze,

What router are you using? Do the stutters only happen when playing certain types of content (such as only 192+)? Are you using the latest firmware on the LS50s?

Hi, it’s a dlink Model 993…it’s a fairly high end unit about 2.5 years old. I have the house hardwired for best possible speeds.

I use TorGuard VPN and I can easily repeat this issue regardless whether it’s 1644.1 or 24192. It’s not a bandwidth issue…I’m the only one home during the day.

I’ll have to try on other devices to see if it’s all or just the KEFs.

Hi @BattleScarze,

Please do try the other zones, as this would provide a useful data point. You can even try to use System Output (the PCs internal speakers) as a zone if you don’t have other ones around.

I do not have speakers connected to this desktop…it more for utility…I should pick up something though:)

1 Like

It would seem the issue is related to hires above 96kHz…there is another thread on this issue.

Please close this one out.

1 Like

Marked as [solved] per your request @BattleScarze.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.