Wadia 321 Audio Control & Output

I setup a ROCK server over the weekend and the plan was to connect it via USB to a Wadia 321. Roon detected the DAC and it was configured as a source; however, it didn’t output any audio or start the audio progress bar.

Please advise on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hi, have you tried power cycling the DAC?

Yes, power cycled the DAC and ROCK multiple times.

Let’s tag @support for advice.

Hi @Steve_Nudelman ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Both are appreciated!

Moving forward, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• Screenshots of the “playback” setting you are using for the Wadia 321 in Roon.

• During your troubleshooting of this behavior have you…

• Tested with another USB DAC with ROCK to confirm that it functions as expected?

• If you are able to run another computer as a Roon remote, have you tested with the Wadia 321 mounted to that device?

-Eric

Hi @Eric,

Thank you for the response and feedback on how to report issues. To answer your questions:

1. Tested with another USB DAC with ROCK to confirm that it functions as expected.

I tried to test using an Audio Research DAC8 but the ROCK didn’t recognize the DAC so it wasn’t a good test. I will test with a PSAudio DirectStream that I know works.

2. If you are able to run another computer as a Roon remote, have you tested with the Wadia 321 mounted to that device?

I did not test so I will try this and report back.

1 Like

Hi @Eric,

I was able to perform additional test cases for you using different DACs and combinations. USB cable was Nordost Heimdall 2.

Known good - PS Audio DS

1. USB connected to ROCK; played as expected
  2. USB to MacBook Pro as remote; played as expected
  3. Via Network Bridge; played as expected

Wadia 321

1. USB connected to ROCK; recognized device but no audio output (noted progress bar doesn’t move)
  2. USB to MacBook Pro as remote; played as expected

Some screen prints

![32 PM|690x431] (upload://9LbUvGoDZ05cO4dXOxafZhwtdqN.jpg)

Hi @Steve_Nudelman ---- Thank you for the follow up and sharing the results of your testing, the insight is VERY appreciated :thumbsup:

Moving forward, I can also confirm that I have received your PM containing your RAATServer logs, thank you for those as well. I am going to be getting all of your “materials” into a ticket and passing it over to our tech team for evaluation. I want them to have a look at the provided logs to see if we can determine what is causing this behavior with the Wadia 321.

Once my report has been updated and passed back, I will be sure to share the the team’s thoughts/findings with you ASAP. Your patience is appreciated!

-Eric