Waiting for NTP synchronization

Where does a “bug” bite, by the way, and how do you combat it? All machines in the audio chain are linux-based (Ropieee and ROCK).

The bug in this case was located ‘upstream’: RoPieee depends on a foundation based on ArchLinux, which is a common Linux distribution (like there are many). In this case they’ve upgraded a package that caused a conflict with RoPieee’s software stack, which meant I needed to release an update of the software. That’s what I did yesterday.

That also means you need to re-enable the Roon Remote Extension, so that explains it.

ACK!! I woke up this morning to this issue. My core was shut off last night. RoPieee was still running lost connection when I shut down the core (as would be expected).

When I rebooted (everything including router/modem) the RoPieee install gets as far as waiting for NTP sync. Thought maybe my install got corrupted so I just flashed the latest img, but still it hangs on the waiting for NTP sync.

All other network devices are working as usual.

Any ideas of what to try next?

Edit: Well it appears a switch or cable was bad…?? RoPieee is running just need to get the display working again now.

Bob, see if the Ropieee extension is loaded in Roon. Both times I had this issue I was able to resolve it by re-enabling the Ropieee extension. (Don’t ask me why it became disabled… and for awhile it simply disappeared.)

1 Like

Thanks. It turned out to be a network issue. Had to reset the switch so it could get a new address. Which is weird, first time that’s ever happened.

Hi,
I have the same problem. There is no Ropieee in Roon Extensions. Restart Roon Remote Extension does not work. I tried with the new Ropieee instalation but it is the same - „Waiting for NTP synchronization”.

To be sure, what’s your configuration:

Do you have a display connected?
Do you have a network connected?

Thanks,

Yes, display and network are connected.

Ok. Then you just need to sit it out. RoPieee is updating stuff during installation, and it wants to have a NTP sync. Just let it wait for a few minutes in that state. It will continue in the end.

Extension can only enabled when installation is finished (RoPieee will tell you that).

Just let me know if you need additional support.

Regards Harry

Hi,
I am waiting almost 1 hour and nothing changes.

Ok that’s not good.
Are you sure you’re connected to the internet?

Yes, I am sure.

And you used the latest image to burn the SD card?

Yes, version 078.

Ok. I’m building an image especially for you, that bails out of NTP sync. Give me an hour or so and I’ll provide you with a link.

OK. Thanks.

@Slawek, can you try this one?

http://image.ropieee.org/ropieee_slawek.img

It bails out on NTP synchronization (if it fails) after 1 minute max.

Let me know how it turns out.

I used this new image, but it is not work. Still the same.

That’s strange…

To be sure: this is during installation right?

It mentions something like “Stage 2/3” on top of the screen?

Yes, "Entering stage (2/3).