Waiting for NTP synchronization

It means when the next update will take place. It also shows that NTP sync is not working, looking at the date.

Version is 080 now, but no changes.

Ok. Please reboot, leave it running for a 15 minutes or so, and then send me feedback.

This is feedback: 2dccc70b74474904

ok. 81 is up.

It seems that for some reason NTP syncing takes ages on your system. Now, thereā€™s a retry mechanism (after 30 seconds), but that failed. Iā€™ve made a small change. Could you please retry?

Thanks.

What NTP servers is it trying to reach, i.e. whatā€™s in /etc/ntp.conf?

standard pool. nothing special. but Iā€™ve seen on a rare occasion this can literally take time.

Sounds like name lookup problems and/or FW stopping ntp.

the first not. iā€™ve seen other lookups in the logs, so thatā€™s working.

the latter might be, but the OP didnā€™t mentioning changes in itā€™s infrastructure.
Anyhow, if my latest change does not work then it certainly becomes an ā€˜infrastructure issueā€™.

Other lookups working just shows that these works, not that these in particular works locally or even up his ISP, etc.
Although it sounds unlikely to be name lookup, it may be worth setting dns servers to something you know work.

Now it is another problem - the display is black.

can you send me feedback?

51c50cad7e7971a9

wow :frowning:

You need to switch to the new image. The old one is toasted.
But what still is not working is NTP sync. Now, itā€™s not required for properly functioning, but it could potentially point out thereā€™s something not ok in your infrastructure.

So letā€™s go for the new image.

In the mean time Iā€™ll build one that skips NTP syncing during installation completely.

Hereā€™s a new image: http://image.ropieee.org/ropieee_slawek2.img

Istallation passed OK. But there is no cover, no song title, no artist name - only unkownā€¦

Yes, you need to configure the Zone.

go to the web page, tab ā€˜displayā€™ and fill in your zone name (itā€™s now probably on ā€˜unknownā€™).

Yes, now is OK. Great thanks. What about future upgrades?

Go to the advanced tab, and put the update channel back on stable (nowā€™ its on test).
Then youā€™re good to go.

Can you please send me feedback? Iā€™m still interested in the installation log.

Thanks,

3b53a1f0bbcc16dc
Thanks once again.
Happy New Year.