Waiting for Roon Core Error - different reasons

I’m getting the same (or at least a very similar) issue. When using my iPad as a controller with a Raspberry Pi endpoint and Rock running in an i38 NUC I regularly get the same error messages. This used to work perfectly and nothing about the network has changed. Running the controller on my M1 iMac doesn’t exhibit this problem.

Given that there have been lots of updates to the Roon Remote software running on the iPad I think we should at least consider that the problem might be there rather than leaping straight to the “it’s your network” response. If the network was at fault then surely the selected track would not play perfectly.

The previous thread on this was closed after only 36 hours so I didn’t get the opportunity to respond with the resolution in my case.

Was it the network - only sort of. I went to do an over the air software update on my iPad and it failed two or three times at the “preparing update” stage. I then attempted the update via Apple Music on my iMac and not only did it update the OS software but it spent a considerable time doing a separate firmware update. Since then I haven’t had a single “Waiting for Roon Core” error and one or two other things seem to be working better as well.

I can only surmise that there had been some corruption of the wifi software or firmware which the update cleared. It explains why the usual “reboot router and switches” didn’t help. The Roon app was absolutely blameless.

Hopefully this may help anyone running into similar issues.

Alan

1 Like

Hi @Alan_Bateman, the other topic was marked as solved and then the system automatically closed it 36 hours later.

It’s always better to create a new topic for your specific support request even if it appears similar to an existing one so that the Roon team can focus on each use / problem case.

To facilitate this, I’ve spilt out your post to its own topic and merged your recent post into that.

——————-

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it in your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your core, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.