Waiting on Server

Been thru many painful, long, drawn out support issues. It gets tiring. I’d rather wait until you have sorted out Roon running amok with others who’s patience has not run out. Good Luck.

1 Like

Server disconnect @12:27 1/3/2024 after playing approximately 20 minutes

Roon disconnect 12:43 on 1/4/2024

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Performance

Description of Issue

Frequent Crashing and Performance Issues with Roon on SonicTransporter

Roon Server Platform

Linux (NAS/SonicTransporter/Antipodes/Ubuntu/etc.)

Linux Server Type

SonicTransporter

Roon Server Specifications

i5

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node

Home Network Details

Ethernet, I’m away for the weekend.

Hi @Gocubs42 ,

Thanks for your message. Can you please clarify how you are observing the crashing behavior? Does the Roon app on your remotes abruptly exit or what are you seeing exactly? Can you please let us know the exact local time + date when you experience one of these crashes so that we can enable diagnostics mode and check for further clues?

@Ivan had the ticket and the trail and time of the issues. Roon is disconnecting from the sever from my Bluesound node and my iMac I m using a sonictransporter. Earlier this afternoon I sent logged thanks for looking into this

Roon disconnected message waiting on server 12/31@10:27 am

Hi @Gocubs42,

Thanks for the update! We’re seeing a fair amount of critical network-based errors across your diagnostic report. Could you please provide a bit more information specifically around your network setup?

With that, lets see if the issue persists on a fresh Roon Server database:

• Make a Backup of your current RoonServer Database
  • Exit out of RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Roon Server” and connect to the new database

Thanks! :+1:

Thank you for looking into my issue. My service is Fios/fiber internet on a G1100 router. From the router ethernet to a switch. A Sonictransporter is ethernet from the switch. From the switch an ethernet connection to a Bluesound Node then coax to my DAC. My iMac is ethernet from the Switch and my new Wiim Pro is wireless back to the Fios Router. The only issue I’m having is with Roon and Roon fails on all end devices with a disconnect from Server. I use outside of Roon Spotify, Tune-In Radio, Dash Radio, and Qobuz and no issues with any of these services across all devices. I will do the Roon Server Database update tomorrow in the morning. I’m out of time this evening. Thank you for looking into this for me.

Paul

What make and model is your switch? And is it managed or unmanaged? Thanks.

My switch is a trend netTEG-S51SFP unmanaged. I’m going to start the Roon Sever DB update, wish me luck

1 Like

Very,very frustrating day. I have a sonic transporter. And information you provided for a reinstall Roon Server app doesn’t appear to provide a way for me to do this. I’m at a loss

Okay contacted Andrew at small green computer I have some good info will attempt a reinstall

I was able to do a reinstall Roon Server, and I did not loose anything in the process. But now a new problem. From my IMAC I see all my music, and can play however I cannot access Roon on my iPad. I get a statement says Waiting for your Roon Sever. I can from my IMAC change the zone to my Bluesound Node and play music I just cannot access Roon from Ipad. While going through the reinstall my Transporter load the latest early release software.

Adding to the statement above, I did restart the server and did reboot my IPAD several times.

Have you enabled the ipad in settings/audio…?

If the iPad is only used as Remote and not as output device, it doesn’t need to be enabled. There have been many reports lately about iOS devices unable to connect to the Roon server, or otherwise regularly losing connection. This problem here may be related.

1 Like

Yes I enabled the iOS bluebose and wiim

1 Like

you could well be right there certainly a growing number of reports….

Okay once you resolve the problem the solution was so simple. I uninstalled roon remote app from my iPhone and iPad reinstallled and now have access. Now I will monitor roon to see if I get any messages waiting on server disconnect