Was Anyone Hoping that CD Ripping Would Be the Next Feature Enhancement?

If you are referring to my posts, I’d appreciate if you would actually read and understand them, not scan them, develop your own version, then project that back onto me.

What I said was this is symbolic of Roon’s overall aspect of not being well inter-operable in the wider audio/media software ecosystem, ie. not importing custom embedded metatags, not allowing access by folder organization, and not exporting Roon tags. So work done to curate outside Roon can be tough to import, and work done inside Roon can be lost if one wants to also use their music files with another media player for any reason, or if Roon goes down in flames. Symbolic. Tone deaf given there are users that strongly feel that way.

Of course it’s deliberate. Many businesses use ways to lock in their customers. Doesn’t mean I have to like it. If I wanted to post on a forum about having to buy a $500 smartphone and then couldn’t use it with a different provider, I’d be perfectly within my rights to post that. Other might not agree with me, but it doesn’t make me a “hater” nor an “accuser.”

It is completely unnecessary to take what I said, reconfigure it to the most extreme position possible, then hold me responsible for it. No wonder the world is polarizing; we cannot even have a civil conversation about a piece of friggin software.

Jeez guys. You all are so damned defensive about this software no one is allowed to make any comments. It’s ridiculous. I considered myself part of this community; I have helped many people figure out how to use Roon, and provided a lot of ideas about how to get the best out of it. I’ve encouraged a lot of new users to stay with it.

But I’m going to try to really leave. I don’t enjoy it anymore. There are some toxic posters here. It’s not about people disagreeing with me. It’s about being pigeon holed into something you’re not (hater/accuser) and having your posts totally mischaracterized. This forum has that reputation. I’ve tried to counter-balance that and defend new posters that get flamed.

You guys can just have it. What are you going to do when there’s no one left to troll?