WASAPI drivers showing in Roon for ASIO driven device

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 / i7-3770 16GB ram

I use Lynx AES16e as my digital interface. Roon wants to ID the Lynx AES16e ports as WASAPI but I have them configed via ASIO. When I ask Roon to play on one of the AES16e ports, it comes back with “failed to initialize the audio device”…as you might expect. How to get Roon to recongize ASIO instead of defaulting to WASASP?

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi Kevin, welcome!

If you installed an ASIO driver for you endpoint, you should also see the ASIO endpoint in Roon audio setup, in addition to the WASAPI endpoint. You need to enable and select that one - and optionally disable the WASAPI endpoint.

The only other reference used WASAPI

Yes, I should, but I didn’t :thinking:
Strange becuase Qobuz works fine using the installed drivers…just Roon that seems to have trouble seeing the ASIO driver.
Anyway, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the ASIO driver for the Lynx systems ( I acutally have two) - and viola! The drivers now appear in Roon. All is good now. Only difficulty I had after getting the correct driver working was identifying all 16 DIO ports on my Lynx AES16 card. Roon doesnt pick up on the ASIO system names for each port. So I had to play sound through each driver (all identically labelled as Lynx AES16) and change the driver name to reflect the ASIO port. That takes a while to complete 16 driver renames! And they were in no logical order at all.

Anyway, thanks for responding. Enjoying Roon and Qobuz now!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you for the clarification @Kevin_Garber, this is helpful detail to pass along to the team and Community. This thread will autoclose but please reach out in a new topic if you have any additional issues moving forward.

Roon has been reported to struggle with driver prioritization in situations where a Zone has dual audio driver compatibility and both are installed on the OS. In most cases, uninstalling either ASIO or Wasapi will resolve the situation, or bypassing any third-party system mixer software that might be in the chain and also relying on the driver. Anyway, we’re here to support if anything comes up.