Watched folder not importing new files into Roon

System: Mac mini - i7, 256GB, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.10.5, Storage 1TB SSD via USB, Roon v1.2
I have set up a watched folder that shows ‘watching for new files in real time’, yet those file/albums do not show up in Roon. Why, and what do I need to do to get Roon to recognize new files in that folder.

Is this a local folder or a network folder. Tried a force rescan?

Local folder and I did try a forever rescan, but only once. Should I try that again, or is there a better remedy?

I’d force a rescan - it’s quick and shouldn’t result in reanalysis. Are file/folder permissions such that Roon can access them?

Hey @Lee_Allen – sorry for the trouble here. Surprised to hear this is happening with a local folder.

Evan’s point is a good one – checking permissions is a good first step, although it’s somewhat unlikely that’s the answer. You might also look over the steps listed here.

If that doesn’t fix it, I think I’d like to have a look at your logs to get a better sense of what’s happening here. Let @vova and I know and we’ll get in touch with instructions for sending the logs over.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

How should folder permissions be set?

I have to run out for a while, but will get back to you once I return. Thx!

The music folder and subfolders as well as files within them should at least be readable by Roon. I’m not an OSX user so what that entails I couldn’t tell you other than to say the user under which RoonServer is launched would need the read access.

I’m back. How do I send you the logs?

Check your PM.

Guys, back to FINALLY hopefully get Roon working properly! Please help, call me or remotely take over my Mac to get this worked out, please! Lee Allen [redacted]. Thx! No titles for songs or albums, no metadata, so Roon is crippled on my high end dedicated Mac Mini music server! We last communicated on 4/14/16. The songs play ok, but playing ‘unknown song, unknown artist, unknown title’. Yet when you look at the SSD is n the Mac the artist, song, album are all there. Would REALLY like to get on with digitizing my additional 1000 albums, but won’t until these issues are fixed!

Ok, guys - over 3 hours I have been waiting for your support response, and no response. Anybody there?!

Did you send your logs?

Have you tried the ReScan option yet as highlighted above??

Did that before and you guys said there were no problem observed via the logs. I have not done anything since then but play back some songs that were shown as the unknown title, unknown artist…

Yes, also did the rescan, several times previously with no change or improvement.

Open any Album…click the Blue Edit Pencil on the right about half way down

Now click on the “ReIdentify” option and report back what happens

Ok, on the phone, so give me about 20 minutes and I will. Thx.

I’m not from Roon, just a user like you.

I would stop Roon, delete it’s database folder and relaunch it, point it to your USB drive as a local folder.

Also using Finder on Max OS…right click on the Music folder that Roon points at…and select “Get Info”

A dialog box will appear on the screen

Take a Screen Shot of just that box [Cmd + Shift + 4] and post it on here