WAV files not importing

I have the exact same problem. When I force a rescan of my WAV file folder, which contains only .WAV files, it scans over 20,000 files and only imports about 6500 tracks. I am using a Windows 10 machine with an external USB HD. I tried deleting all my import folders, which is just one other folder with all my FLAC files, which has over 20,000 tracks, and then re-imported just the WAV folder; still did not import all my WAV files. Perhaps there is something about these files that ROON does not like, but the music server I was using (Media Monkey) had no problem with these files. I love the features that ROON brings to the table, but I cannot deal with this type of “buggyness”.

@Scott,

I have moved you to a new thread, as each support request is taken individually. Also, I wanted to add visibility to your post, as it might have gotten lost being added to a thread that has been inactive for so long.

That being said, I assume you read the thread you had added your post to. Did you try any of the suggestions? The first being, take a look under setttings/library/skipped files. Are all or some of the missing files listed?

Also, there is a page in the Roon FAQ about causes of missing files:
https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_Some_of_my_files_aren't_showing_up_in_Roon

Some Players will play music files even if the file header is corrupted or some other issue exits with the file. Roon is more strict. I have had flac and wav files that played perfectly in Foobar, VLC, etc that had corrupt headers; I had to correct the headers for Roon to add them to the library.

1 Like

Hi @Scott_Leonard,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Does Media Monkey actually tag WAV files, it appears not https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87998 but this might be out of date.

If your Wav files don’t contain any metadata then Roon can only match based on finding releases where the track lengths of each track match, and this doesn’t always work. If your files have basic metadata then roon will get many more matches.

It is not a skipped file issue. I looked and have only 1 skipped file.
Will Roon not import files that do not have metadata? This is probably why none of my live show FLAC downloads are also not getting imported. Is there no way in the setup to force Roon to import if no metadata exists. The music server I have been using (Media Monkey) imports everything unless the file is just completely corrupted.
Bottom line is:

1. Roon is not importing a lot of my WAV files
  2. Roon is not importing any of my Live Show FLAC downloads

I have 3 more days on my free trial. I love the user interface Roon offers but if it doesn’t provide me access to all the music I currently have in my library, then I cannot make the switch.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.