We put real effort towards enhancing the product experience for people …such as casual listeners in hobbyist communities like gaming

This was mentioned in the announcement thread but got swamped.

What exactly was changed or added to Roon for the gaming community ?

.sjb

2 Likes

With you on this John.

I was equally baffled by that.

Headphone related maybe :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Very good question. Perhaps a reduced frequency and need for Roon calling home, competing for bandwidth and in the process destroying those coveted ping / round trip times? :man_shrugging:

Guess the FPS kid in a bedroom upstairs will be the one overjoyed if dad listening to a locally ripped Cantate doesn’t hog the internet connection any more … enhanced product experience, albeit indirectly!

Just making it up!

Sounds like we have the same son! Which reminds me I need to route ethernet cable outside the house up to his room so his ping time decreases.

1 Like

There are some threads about stuff like this:

And although the end isn’t clear, it’s possible that they made related changes and who knows, it may not be the only one

Hardly “real effort”?

.sjb

I can’t judge what the effort for this was, if any significant, or if there was other low level stuff as well. I’m intrigued by this as well and I don’t have a good answer, I just did a bit of cursory forum search and this was one of the things that came up, so I thought I’d post it.

1 Like

Some suitable background tracks while pondering this …