Web display did not show artist pictures anymore (Build 880) [Roon Investigating]

Mike, first Happy Holidays.

I am now running 884 on Core, 880 on bridge and 880 on Remote. Core and Bridge indicate these are the latest versions. Remote 880 is not indicated as latest version.

All artist images appear and rotate as they should on Core and the iPad remote.

However, using Chromecast with a TV - which is the only way I listen to Roon - does not cast the artist images as they should appear. All the rest of the Now Playing window elements are cast accurately with album graphic, song/album name, etc.

I cannot make sense of any pattern in the how the problem is manifesting:

• Everything worked fine in the Beta
  • Recent albums/artists added during/after the beta either show no graphic (leaving blurred, enlarged album cover) or display only one - despite there usually being 8 or so images.
  • Artists/albums added before the beta display the full gamut - either no image, a single image, or up to 4 in one instance. Regardless, never are all images rotated through. In one instance 4 out of 15 artist images are rotated.

Notes:
Core: iMac
Bridge: Innuos Zenith SE
DAC: Simaudio Moon 280D

Library:

• Local and Tidal Stream
  • Up to 15 images per artist
  • Multiple artist names are created thru edit (might be 7 Led Zep artist names in library each with a different image for rotation)

Is there anything else I can be doing on my end? Can I return to a different version without deleting artist image library and/or audio library? I know you are

Thanks for your help.

I deleted all storage locations and then created anew. After the database has been re-created, most of the artists are displayed. I think that solves a very large part of the problem for me.

1 Like

Mike, I’m following up on my Chromecast issue you commented on.

Problem
Most of my artist photos are not displaying/rotating with Chromecast. Here I’m talking about thousand of photos I have found, sized and edited into Roon. I have up to 15 pics per artist.

Most of the time, only the blurred album cover shows even if I have 10 photos. Other times only the first photo is displayed.

Notes
There were no issues with Chromecast while I was reviewing the Beta.

All photo display/rotate on my remote iPad.

I have rebooted all devices several times.

I can’t recall, but initially 880 Core may have been installed before the Remotes were upgraded.

Please let me know if this is being worked on as an issue, and what steps I should try in the meantime.

Thanks

I’m having the same issue. No rhyme or reason as to when artist photos will show up on the web display. It seemed to affect minor artists but Nirvana? And I if select a custom image, it still does not show up. Seems like some artists are just tainted - can’t edit your way into displaying the image.

I smell a bug?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.