Web Display with iOS 9 Safari?

Late to the game, but just discovered the web display feature. I was hoping i could re-purpose an old ipad2 as a dedicated display. But when i goto the display URL i get the roon logo, but nothing appears in setup / displays.
Looking at debug console for the browser, its barfed on a JS error. Is there any chance older browsers will get supported?

Hello @SImon_Fell,

Have you started the display in the bottom right-hand corner as per our documentation? You should be prompted with this option in Roon:

Display%20Zone%20iOS

I have just tested the display function using Safari and my iPad and it is working as expected. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

It works fine on my current generation iPad, but on the older one on iOS 9, it never appears as an option in the displays list.

Hello @SImon_Fell,

You would need an up to date iOS with a newer version of Safari, I believe that the older versions do not have the same supported extensions that we make use of. You could try using Google Chrome browser on your iOS 9 device, you might have better luck with that than Safari.

Thanks,
Noris

Chrome is not available for Ios9.
I tried any other browser I could install on Ios 9 but no luck.

Hi @Luca_Alebardi,

Officially, we only support iOS 11 and onward, please see our iOS minimum requirements. If you cannot use Chrome on iOS9, then you would need to upgrade to a newer iOS version to use the display features.