Weird duplication of albums

Hi @support

I am running Roon on an HP pavillion 360 i7 with 8GB ram, and using external 4tb HDD for music storage.

I have setup a folder on the 4tb for Dropbox, so i can drag and drop music files directly for use on drop box but also am pointing Roon directly at it, so I can tag the files there as “Added to Dropbox”.

However I am getting some strange duplication of albums as I move the files over to the dropbox folder. This is a PIA as it means that I’m getting duplicate albums appearing all over the place. Any pointers as to why it’s happening, if it’s a bug and there’s something I can do to stop it my side? Cheers!

It sounds like you might be copying files from one watched folder (HDD/Music) to another (HDD/Dropbox). This will create duplicate Albums as Roon will see two local Albums.

It is reccomended to move files between watched folders rather than copying them. Obviously you should also have a separate backup of all the files in any event.

thanks andybob, but i’m MOVING them…

"However I am getting some strange duplication of albums as I move the files over to the dropbox folder. "

and if you look at the file paths for both listed albums they are identical.

Cheers!

Hi @Sallah_48,

Does each album contain all of the same tracks, or are the tracks split between the two?

Is Roon running while you’re doing these transfers? If you stop Roon and do these moves does the same behavior occur?

Hi Dylan. no, they’re all being moved across, no splitting of tracks, yes Roon running whiles moving them.

Actually in the meantime, Ive reinstalled Roon and it’s seemingly behaving itself.

Ive moved a couple of folders across to DB and it hasn’t created the weirdness.

Maybe it was just a glitch in my database.

You might also reference this thread:

1 Like