What are you reading?

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Entertaining!

1 Like

Because my genetic profile says that I have more Neanderthal genes than 75% of the population, something of which I’m inordinately proud.

And considering all that -

3 Likes

Thanks for your post on the Winchester book; I’ve read two of his books but was not aware of this one- read read/listen (Audible on jogs/walk/drive to work)

Just starting the first of this series.

1 Like

I decided to cut out the middle-man.

2 Likes

2nd in the series of 18 books, already bought the next 4 based on the 1st being unputdownable.
This is the 2nd time I have started with one book and bought the whole lot.
This series of Tess Gerritsen I read in less than 3 months. Absolutely brilliant series.

The books are laid out in the order you should read them if you want to follow the long arc but you could read them out of order as well as they are each a single plot with start and finish.

1 Like

Mark is awesome, he gave a talk at a writing group I’m part of that was really useful as a Crime Thriller writer myself.

1 Like

1 Like

If you like Mark’s books then you will like Tess’s books for sure.

1 Like

@RodS Happy that you mentioned this thread on the Setup one. Thanks

5 Likes

Recently finished the third one (Troy) in that series, but on Audible as I can’t do a proper Stephen Fry voice in my head.

I would :heart: all these, but it’s a quiet 11:11 and completely out of them again :flushed:

2 Likes

I guess reading in other language helps :slight_smile:

For me is funny as all the stories I have read them to my girls were 3 to 5 years, from various other sources. And now when I get a story that is written Stephen Fry style I read it to them, and they can understand the added sense of humour. Some stories I did read them different because of their age at that time and now I do not have to do that again.

Have you read this?

2 Likes

Nope. But after the mythology series I’m curious about something else written by him. I’ll try, thanks

Yes the three of the books are just retellings in Fry’s style. I have also read many versions of these stories since childhood, and still managed to enjoy them (mainly due to the audio). Great fun and if you enjoy Fry’s whit then they are worth a go.

I can also recommend Neill Gaiman’s Norse Gods which I read a few years ago as 3n enjoyable retelling of those “stories” :grin:

Currently I am reading Ben Aaronovitch October Man which is a novella on the Rivers of London series. The whole series is excellent and great enjoyment.

No photos though as they are on my Kindle

I somehow missed this thread, but following it now for future updates :+1:

1 Like

For those who don’t like reading books without pics. :+1:

C.D. for scale

2 Likes

I also read some of that to my girls and now the book is waiting for them to pick it up :slight_smile:

1 Like