What are you reading?

2 Likes

Richard Porter was/is the person who did the “Some say’" Stigg intros among other things on TG and moved with them to do the GT after.
Enjoyable read ,quite funny.

Currently reading book 5 of the invisible Library series on my Kindle. A very enjoyable series indeed

2 Likes

grafik

Just finished. Worth reading.

1 Like

After a sojourn reading a very poor Jack Reacher novel, the second Takeshi Kovacs story, and a couple of other books, I’m back to the final part of Peter Hamilton’s, The Void.

2 Likes

I don’t buy too many paperback books, but having walked around Bath yesterday and going to each bookshop to find they were not carrying it, I eventually ordered it from Amazon in a bookshop cafe and got it today (at no discount)

You can only do so much to support local bookshops :angry:

Looking forward to taking my time to enjoy this book

6 Likes

Space Opera at it’s best!

1 Like

:relieved:

5 Likes

1 Like

No 15

2 Likes

No 16

1 Like

Great fun, proceeding slowly because I keep putting it away to look up artworks and bio’s of people he mentions along the way.

5 Likes

1 Like

Found this copy of the Thomas Wolfe Reader at a used bookstore yesterday.

Hmmm, the coffee table is beginning to resemble a slush pile.

1 Like

Reading the labels on your kids clothes isn’t overly thrilling either!!!

Awesome, I’m going to purchase this.

No mention of Carl McCoy or Fields Of The Nephilim?

1 Like

I haven’t started it yet as it’s in a queue and life is busy, but soon.
I am looking forward to picking up some songs that passed me by in the early years of Goth.

1 Like

You need to go to hay on wye, it is full of book shops , one of which was a cinema .
Anyone after 1st editions of anything this is the place to go.
With over twenty bookshops, it is often described as “the town of books”; it is both the National Book Town of Wales and the site of the annual Hay Festival.
I have the same problem here as when I go into a record shop, coming out with my hands full

1 Like

I have been there many time, it’s like going into a classic vinyl record shop. You know that you are not getting out without spending a bucket load of money to give you another version of something you already have :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

It must be 30 years back …a town that is very demanding on the credit card !!

I wonder how ebooks affects them , they probably didn’t notice the trend :smiling_imp:

1 Like