What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

I have other DACs for other purposes, but I just acquired the Audeze iOS Lightning cable for the EL-8 cans, which contains a built-in DAC and headphone amplifier. A very neat device, much less messy than a daisy chain of adapters and dongles.

$100 on top of the EL-8s, but it’s only for the EL-8s, no other cans, not even other Audezes.

First impression is that it sounds great. I will do some more comparisons.

Of course, this doesn’t work well with Roon since the Roon iOS app is not an endpoint. @Brian has explained the technical issues, I hope they get resolved soon. In the meantime I’m testing with Tidal.

I’m running Roon: sonicTransporter > microRendu > LHLabs Pulse Infinity > Cavalli Liquid Carbon > LCD-2s. Sounds fantastic.

Just ordered a Wyred4Sound DAC2v2. Can’t wait for it to arrive :smiley:

Roon>Synology DS1515+>wired Ethernet>microRendu/LPS-1>Curious Cables USB>Oppo HA-1>Audioengine A5+ and S8

I would love to be able to use that Audeze set-up with Roon on the go…

My headphones got a brand new friend today:

4 Likes

What is the black box between the mac mini and the mojo?

It’s a Cubox, running Linux/Roon Bridge.

The white one is an Airport Express, not a Mac mini. Although I’m principally opposed to using WiFi for audio, my wife is principally opposed to running cables across the living room floor. She won. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! Indeed, now that I am looking more carefully, it does not look like a Mac mini at all. You like the Mojo?

It is very small. :slight_smile:

I’ve had it for 6 hours now, but first impressions are excellent.

[quote=“RBM, post:250, topic:8657”]
She won. :slight_smile:
[/quote]they always do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Pick your battles wisely…

1 Like

Yip happy wife, happy life

2 Likes

the Mojo is excellent indeed!

one month after getting one, for portable use only, and after trying it once in my main system… I bought a 2Qute to use as main DAC :slight_smile:

I had a Hugo as my main DAC for a while. In fact, it never had a pair of headphones plugged in or left the house before I moved it on. I thought it was really nice - both sounding and design (and I don’t think that in general about Chord stuff) - but the system overall didn’t work out so I changed for an integrated.

This has made me think about a Mojo for a portable…

Hi late, but I started with Roon some weeks ago. :slight_smile:
I use Windows 10 on Mac Mini with Fidelizer Pro - directly connected to
DAC: T+A PDP 3000 HV
IMHO … I’m happy.

Spend those SAUs (spousal approval units) wisely - they certainly don’t grow on trees!

Oppo HA-2. Portable music DAC.

2 Likes

After a bit of advice if anyone could help?

I’m currently using a rpi with the iqaudio pro dac + for listening to Roon but I’m curious about the Chord Mojo after reading all the positive reviews.

For those who have used both, is the mojo a significant improvement over the pro dac+?

Cheers

Wayne

I use Mac Mini (MacOS) core and:

• Schiit Modi Multibit
  • Audioquest Dragonfly 1.5
  • AppleTV (Airplay)

The Roon core on Mac -> Schiit -> Brit HiFi system is particularly satisfying.

1 Like