What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

Hi Sean2016: Why did you move from Chord to iFi iDSD? I’m planning opposite move: from iDSD (with iUSB and iTube) to Chord 2qute.

I’m currently using the DAC built into my McIntosh C47 preamp. It’s not any where near a world class DAC but it’s getting me by with a little help from HQPlayer. Hopefully my finances will allow me to grab the Resonessence INVICTA MIRUS Pro soon.

I spent a while listening to the Mirus Pro at the last RMAF under pretty good conditions in the Resonessence room. It sounded really, really great to me. The difference between the Mirus Pro and the Veritas was surprisingly significant (IMO, price difference notwithstanding).

I had one home for demo a week or so ago. It was so good I had to pull it from my system after an evening as I knew if I listened to it any longer I was going to have bite the bullet sooner than I wanted to.

:heart_eyes:

Hi Sebastian, I’m liking Roon’s up-sampling to DSD (currently to 256 but soon to 512 when my Linux i7 arrives). With Chord’s Dacs it’s best to run Roon in lossless mode and let Rob’s FPGA do their own thing (as Rob has told me a few times). Having said that I really loved the Mojo and I think the 2Qute is another step up.

So I changed because I like the tweaking! Not because i didn’t enjoy the Mojo’s sound - in fact I loved the Mojo’s sound

Of course the iDSD does no digital processing of the DSD signal, so it’s essentially a NOS Dac and is working nicely for me with Roon with up-sampling to DSD

Wadia X32 (with some modifications).

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

1 Like

Love the stapler! :wink:

4 Likes

Haven’t you read that article about how staplers change the sound?

2 Likes

That only works if they are encased in Jelly…

1 Like

LOL hilarious

Well, I bet jelly is a pretty good sound absorbent, so anything encased in jelly probably works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No way. I’ve been doing some experimenting on the matter, but the jelly tweak is completely bogus. It’s also not about the stapler, but about the staples: the copper ones suck, but the silver ones have true veil-lifting capacity. For optimum results, burn in for at least four weeks.

Sorry for turning this thread into ‘yet-another-staple-war’, but I felt I just had to share.

3 Likes

I hope you’re not using the silver-plated ones. You need to use 99.87% pure silver, cryo treated.

3 Likes

You guys are missing the point. For optimum results the glue between the individual staples needs to be dielectric and you need a nine volt battery attached to the stapler.

4 Likes

you want thumbtacks, not staples!

audio n00bs :rolling_eyes:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

HILARIOUS :grin:

The funny thing is before taking the pic I thought about removing the stapler for the photo. Boy am I glad I didn’t :joy:

2 Likes

At least you’ve got a sweet pair of cans!:grin:

1 Like