What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

Only 99.87%? This has to be the most ludicrous thing said on this thread.

Only 4N (99.99%) pure silver in a classic 4-wired braid staples are used here :joy:

RPI>HIFIBerry Digi+>Spdif>Schiit Gungnir MB>Schiit Mjolnir 2>Bi-amped Carver TFM-15’s>Vandersteen 3A Signatures

3 Likes

is there a power amp in your system? :grinning:

1 Like

Oops, Bi-Amped Carver TFM-15’s. Also using 75’ Reflector Holy Grail silver shield 6N23P tubes in the Mjolnir.

Great synergy here, no physical media used at all.

Best,

Bob

1 Like

The 6DJ8 family makes for a great preamp, buffer tube. I use two in my Audio Horizons tube buffer, Even better, I got a handful of 6DJ8 Bugle Boys out of some osilloscopes at an electronic surplus (junk) store. Tubes were $1 each. Most tested very good with respect to emissions. Never get that lucky again…

Lol, that head fi reviewer must have awesome ears to justify such a fine rating system

1. Fostex HP-A4 (roon upscales to DSD128)
  2. Sony PHA-2A, portable. Use around the house and goes to the office with me (roon upscales to DSD128)
  3. SMSL-M7 (roon upscales to DSD512)
1 Like

Mavis is my favorite Staples.

1. Win10 BOX withroonbridge/schiit modi uber
  2. Sonic orbiter se/ifi ps/w4s recovery/musical fidelity v90 with ifi ps
  3. Microrendu/w4s lps/w4s recovery/musical fidelity v90

" they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn’t bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it’s not okay because if they take my stapler then I’ll set the building on fire… "

2 Likes

7 Likes

and it burnt :wink:

Just enjoying my coffee in the workshop while reading the community :wink:

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Two different Hydra Z’s… neither worked with my Mac Mini

Peachtree iNova as DAC only from Antipodes DS via 75 Ohm coax. DAC to Earle Weston Troubadour via RCA inter-connects. Sublime.

Currently I am using the Oppo Digital HA-1 at my desk, which is where my Core is, but I alternate with the AUNE X1S, which is feeding my Dark Voice tube amp. I’m pretty sure I’m moving the HA-1 into the living room to use for a pre-amp in my LR A/V system and trying to hook everything else up to the AUNE. I personally can’t tell so much difference in DACs as I can in Amplifiers. Philistine that I am.

Lynx HILO with USB interface - extended to 50+ feet using the Gefen USB2.0-2.1 extender (is suppposed to support extension far longer than 50 feet). Initially tried for almost a month to get the Lynx HILO with the Dante interface to work, but finally gave it up as to complex and fragile for me to support. It also had major impact on my main WIN7 computer system re: overhead and destablizing existing applications (this is a Dante/Audinate issue not an issue with Lynx) When Dante worked, it was fine, when it didn’t, you have no clue as to why and it seemed to break anytime you changed anything. All Dante effort was before I installed Roon - I was using a much more simple product, Vinyl Studio (which I am using to rip vinyl) to test the basic computer/DAC/DAD setup. Currently, the Lynx HILO is connected to my main computer, running the Roon Core by the 50+ ft USB extension and its Line Out is connected to a Ayre Preamp with balanced inputs by 30 feet of XLR balenced cable - absolutely no noise or hum. My entire system, from the turntable cartridge/arm output to the power amp uses balanced connections. Main system is Win 7 64 bit, 6 core processor, 64GB ECC RAM, 1TB SSD for main disk, and 6TB hot swap standard disks for my music. The Roon Core and Remote (on a new IPAD) function flawlessly even when running a WIN7 image backup or doing a McAfee Virusscan Full System Scan (takes 6+ hours). Frankly I am surprised Roon works with than much other system overhead. The only issue I have noticed is that sometimes Webroot Secure Anywhere will block/ask if Roon can have access to the internet. I specify “always”, but it doesn’t seem to remember this like it does for other applications. Has not happen frequently enough for me to look at the issue closely.

HI. I’m thinking to buy an audiomat with the ethernet option. Did you test the audiomat in usb mode or with ethernet ? I don’t konw if Roon works with the ethernet option?

thank you

Updated systems:

Speakers: Auralic Aries Deluxe>AES>Yggy>Hegel H360>KEF Reference 1+REL T7i
Headphones: microRendu+LPS-1>USB>SU-1>I2S>Holo Spring KTE 3>Schiit Jotunheim>MrSpeakers Ether C Flow

2 Likes

Fernando,

Now that you have your KTE 3, what’s your impression? How do you compare it to your Yggy?

Cheers,
Larry

I’ve not compared them side to side: the Yggy is on the speaker system, the KTE 3 on the headphone system, and it would take time I don’t have right now to do a proper A/B comparison. Informally, the KTE 3 is a bit more “primary colors” than the Yggy, but both have great dynamics and layering. I like listening to the KTE 3 better – greater depth, more instrument separation, superior transients – than I did to the Bimby that preceded it in my headphone system, for sure.

[quote=“jl_fere, post:587, topic:8657”]
Did you test the audiomat in usb mode or with ethernet ? I don’t konw if Roon works with the ethernet option?
[/quote]I used USB. If the DAC is not Roon Ready you will not be able to stream to it via Ethernet when using Roon.