What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

Main System: MacPro 6 Cores (2015) to Chord Hugo TT via AudioQuest Carbon USB cable and Fostex TH900 MKII to reproduce all my music collection

Bedroom: MacMini i5 to Chord Mojo via AudioQuest Cinnamon and UltimateEars Reference CIEM with iPad Pro 13" as remote control

NAS QNAP 871 Pro with 16GB Ram 8 x Samsung 2TB SSD
MacMini i7 16GB 256SSD running Roon Core

• Benchmark DAC2 DX (over USB by a Raspberry Pi3)
  • Weiss DAC202 (over FireWire by an iMac)

Auralic Aries > NAD M51 (just for kicks, bouncing between various AES/EBU, SPDIF, digital coax and USB). USB not faring well.

Raspberry Pi + Pi-DAC+ board: http://www.iqaudio.co.uk/home/8-pi-dac-0712411999650.html

Low price, high quality audio setup. It’s value is way above the price of this setup (compared to other DAC’s in the market)

Just added a Dragonfly Red for my Surface Pro, and my main rig is Sonic Orbiter SE into Emotiva Stealth DC-1.

At the office: HRT Streamer HD (then to Audioengine HD6 powered speakers).

At home: PS Audio Directstream (fed by Auralic Aries via usb; the Aries connects by wireless to my router).

1 Like

I’m using the Mytek Brooklyn. I have all music (FLAC) files organized in Roon watched folders on a Synology NAS. A 2015 Mac Mini (I5 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 500GB Flash Storage) running Roon Core. Both the NAS and Mac Mini are Cat7 connected to Asus dual-band router. Apple laptops and workstations throughout the house running Roon client software, all are wireless. The Brooklyn is connected via USB directly to the Mac Mini Roon Core.

I have a traditional audio system currently running unattached to the above eAudio network. That consist of Shahinian Hawks, Audio Research electronics and Sonic Frontiers transport/DAC. The plan is to remove the Sonic Frontiers DAC for the Brooklyn, but that won’t happen until I’m fully satisfied I have the whole eAudio network running smoothly. I’m very pedantic in how I connect new equipment, especially one so different than the legacy system I have.

Denon PMA-2500NE integrated amplifier with built in usb dac.

Nad M51 to audio aero capitole transtrac

Oppo 105D. I use the USB-B input at the back to receive the signal from a Synology 1513+ NAS which has an Audioquest Jitterbug at the USB-A end of the cable. I’m happy with the sound quality.

LH Labs X-Infinity and LPS4 and Adam A5X speakers and Sub8 subwoofer.

Bel Canto 3.5

MacMini to Centrance DACmini

I’ve got one Hifiberry connected to my Moon 430HAD and I’ve got another HifiBerry ordered to connect it to my Devialet Expert 200.

Roon (TIDAL) on Surface Pro 4 i5, 8Gb (screened on LG 65" 4K) -> AQ Jitterbug -> Chord Mojo -> Audio Analogue Puccini SE Remote (a true Classic) -> Atohm GT1-HD (french wonder)
Nirvana reached :slight_smile:

1 Like

Schiit Gungnir Multibit fed by wireless Auralic Aires LE

1 Like

Correction. I have the Aires model not the LE standard version…Works great.

Chord Hugo TT.

My Peachtree Nova 125 has a ESS Sabre 9023 DAC

Focusrite 2i4 with Yamaha HS5 (small music studio)