What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

Yip… :slight_smile: Thank you…

PS Audio Directstream Jnr
Apple TV
OPPO 203

2 Likes

Welcome Kevin

SGC i9-ethernet > UltraRendu-USB > Playback Designs I-Stream-fiber > Playback Designs MPS-5 (upgraded)

Have not tried HQplayer yet.

My Topping D50S is recognized by Roon ROCK via USB. I’ve read about the Soncoz. Sounds real nice.

i wonder if anyone here is using one of the old Proceed “tall shoebox” dacs.

RME-ADI dac2 and call it a day.

3 Likes

Audiophonics DAC AK4495SEQ connected to my laptop over USB.
(€199, found one used for €120).

I was using an Audioquest Dragonfly Black before the Audiophonics DAC and the difference in sound quality is remarkable.
The Dragonfly Black still sounds good though, it’s connected now to a RPI 3 running RoPieee for listening when i don’t feel like turning on my laptop.

2 Likes

Roipeee—>Topping D90 XLR—>XLR Hegel 190

4 Likes

Naim Uniti Nova

5 Likes

Hugo Chord 2
Chord M Scaler

1 Like

I have done some update on my side:

• Trinnov Altitude32 (with 32 channels)
  • Schiit Yggdrasil with Moon MiND2 Network Player
  • Matrix Audio Element X (the latest addition).

schiit yggdrasil. $2449.

NAD C658 (XLR4 Balanced) --> NAD C268 AMP -> Klipsch RP600
Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra (USB) --> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital (RCA) --> AudioEngine HD6
RaspPI 4B+ (Ropieee) HIFIBerry Digi+ (OPT) --> Topping DX7 Pro (4.4mm balanced) --> Sennheiser HD800S
THe HiFIBerry Digi+ is soon to be replaced by a PI2AES (I2S) HAT (waiting on delivery).
Chord Mojo + Poly --> Beyerdynamic T90
Really really really wish I could use Roon with Astell&Kern A&ultima SP2000 --> (AKT5p or AK T8iE MkII)

1 Like

First generation NAD D3020, using USB.

1 Like

I just ordered a Holo Audio May KTE DAC last week! I’ll get it in about a month. I had been using the Matrix XSabre Pro MQA DAC, which is also a very fine sounding DAC, but I’ve always wanted a R2R based DAC, especially one with excellent measured performance.

1 Like

I use a Cord Hugo TT2 DAC and in a few weeks the Chord MScaler.

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/hugott2/

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/hugo-mscaler/

2 Likes

I’m also planning for Hugo TT2 & M-scalar combination… Hopefully, it will be worth it.

1 Like

Hi Τushar.

I would not like to influence your decision, but for me the dac works perfectly. I hope that with the addition of M Scaler, his performance will increase even more…

1 Like

Hello Nikos,

Everyday I read the m-scalar & TT2 reviews across multiple websites, the only pointer is the MQA non-capability, I guess N+ will take care of the authentication & first un-folding. How does MQA tracks sound…??