What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2021-04]

Linn Klimax DSM/3, streaming via Nucleus/Qobuz Cisco 2960G optical ethernet.

I use the Topping D90SE. It’s pretty amazing.

Schiit Bifrost 2 connected to iFi Zen Stream. Sounds amazing

Matrix Audio Mini Pro 3 - $900

I am using this device as a streamer/DAC. It sounds great and has been trouble free. I bought it before the price increase.

1 Like

Topping D90SE. Very happy with it.

Main rig Devialet Expert 200
Headphone rig………to be decided :grinning:

1 Like

Denafrips Ares II
Absolutely love it

I use an Audiolab M-DAC as my primary DAC headphone amp, with secondary Audioquest Dragonfly Red for mobile use.

I also use a Cambridge Audio CXN, v1, for my DNLA setup

The M-DAC is ageing well , it must be nearly 10, it’s never given a blip. A replacement would probably be the M-DAC2 Or the Cambridge Audio DAC Magic depending on the headphone quality. I am 90% headphones these days (HD800). Hardware choice is quite limited in South Africa, especially these days .

RME ADI-2 DAC FS
Allo Boss 2
Topping DX3Pro+

Headphone setup: Topping D90 MQA
Speaker setup: RME ADI 2 DAC FS

Office: Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 + Topping A90 + RoPieee Display and as backup, Matrix Audio mini-i Pro 3.

Bedroom: Bluesound NODE feeding Topping E50 DAC + RoPieee Display.

Living room: ARCAM ST60 + RoPieee Display.

I use the Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 combination.

My Bedside Headphone Rig: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 (fixed line level) > McIntosh MHA200 Headphone Amp > Senn HD 800 S or Audeze LCD-X (2021) or Focal Clear Originals

Gustard X16 MQA and XLR balanced DAC.
On sale on Amazon a couple months back for $425!!

If it had a headphone output it would rate at 100%, as it is I will just have to give it 95%.
Use XLR out to feed a SMSL SP200 headamp.

Topping E30
Topping D90 se
Denafrips Ares 2

All interchangeable and interesting combos, as I’ve bought different speakers, amps, streamers this last 12 months.

I’m trying a Rega Elex amp at the moment and have tried all 3 Dacs. The Denafrips won again.

For my HP set up I am now using the Chord Qutest with the Niimbus US5 Pro amp.

1 Like

(Headphones) Mac mini M1 ->Roon Core–>Shiit Asgard 3 w/multibit module–>whatever headphones I’m using at the time
(Speakers) Mac mini M1 ->Roon Core–>NAD C388–>Vandersteen 2CE

The main reason I discovered Roon was I was tired of the GOD AWFUL software for the Bluesound module installed on my NAD. It was truly some of the worst software I have ever used for any purpose.

Metrum Acoustics Onyx NOS DAC with Metrum Acoustics Ambre Roon Ready streamer.

1 Like

My Nucleus passes the signal through a Matrix X-SPDIF 2 digital interface and into my PS Audio Direct Stream DAC (6K).

I use the DAC of my Rotel A14 MKII (TI 32 bit/384kHz) which sounds lovely. As input I use a ifi stream for Qobuz etc. Have a Rotel CD14 CD player that I use as transporter via coax. The DAC of the A14 sounds better than the older Wolfson in my CD player IMO.

Hallo,

1. Auralic Altair G2.1
  2. McIntosh DA2 Modul in C2700 (modified tubes)
  3. Naim Headphone Edition

BG
Thorsten

1 Like